Needing some encouragement and pushing!

I've been on this journey since October and I've lost about 2/3 of the weight I want to lose. The last 70 lbs now feels like a "homestretch" to me and I'm just flat out anxious to get it off, to get this 42 lbs off and finally be under 200 lbs (for the first time in like 8 years!)....But I've been doing the weeble wobble on the scale now since May. The same 10 lbs, gained and lost, gained and lost. I admittedly have had more days in these months that I ate off plan because of events where I ended up not having much control over the food. But I've kept eating well at all the times between, changed up my exercise, etc. I'm not losing inches either. Granted, I'm happy I haven't GAINED 30 lbs back or something, but I'm feeling incredible discouragement begin to weight on my shoulders and my little "fat voice" inside, that I've successfully kept blocked out so well since October, is now whispering in my ear and has decided it wants to be fed and if doesn't see the point in exercise. It's just beating me down and I really need some MFP help and encouragement here. =/

Replies

• lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Hello and congratz on the weight loss so far. You are welcome to add me
  • AngelaM25
    AngelaM25 Posts: 4
    Don't quit! If you wanted to quit you would have not started. You are doing great and you the same motivation that helped you lose 2/3 of your weight to the lose the rest. If need be think in smaller numbers....they all add up in the end! You can do it.... YOU'VE COME TO FAR TO TURN AROUND !!!!!! :wink:
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    You might not be losing weight but maybe you are losing inches??? And whatever you do dont quit!! You've come this far without listening to that mean little voice in your head!!! Just keep doing what you are doing!! Feel free to add me!!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    I know exactly how you feel and have had the same 10 pounds gained and lost a few times recently.
    We just have to keep our chins up and keep going. Eventually you'll break through a lose a little more!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    You are right now the hard part. But i didn't say that it can not be accomplished. You can and will lose those last pounds. I wish you the best.:smile:
    My S.W. 350 highest 369
    C.W 220
    G.W 150
    So it can be done, Living proof.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    DO NOT GIVE UP!!! Put that evil voice to the side and remember you have come this far and only a little way to go. The struggle will not end there you will still have to keep the weight off but that should be the easy part!! Just remember to keep making the smart choices on what to eat when out at BBQ's or whatever event you may go to where you are not cooking. If your stuck on a plataeu, give yourself a break for a couple days and come back to it, that always helps me. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, thats amazing and inspires me!!! Thanks!!!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Feel free to add me, we can push each other :)
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Thanks all. It's just gotten hard lately for some reason. I'm trying to power through it my best...it's just harder almost to battle the mental stuff than get through the physical trials.