Ugh!

Options
Ok so I eat OK, I'm not going to say I'm always healthy.
I don't necessarily work out anymore because my job is demanding and I'm running around all day or standing (I work in a warehouse).

I'm at my highest weight ever and not sure how considering I used to have a desk job and now I'm moving around all day. Now this is where people tell me I'm not eating enough.....nope tried that and gained and it wasn't muscle....had my thyroid checked, normal......eat more protein, yep did tha and do that....eat healthy fats, check....more water, check....strength training, yes I work in a warehouse and can lift things the men can't...log all food, check....talk to on your Dr, check.

I need real advice. I've done it all except fad diets and I won't do that.

I need either motivation or good advice, please I beg of you.

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Is your problem not losing? Have you figured out your tdee? Log, Weigh and measure everything you eat?
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What are your stats and goals? If you are gaining then you most likely are not in a deficit. Your diary is also locked so I can't make recommendations there.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You've mentioned everything except working out accurately how much you're eating and if this is over/at/under your maintenance calories. To lose weight you need to eat less calories, and logging will enable you to know you're eating less calories, not just playing around with different scenarios in the hope that weight loss will occur
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    It's because you assume that since, your current job's active that you're able to consume so; much more but obviously, it's too; much & thus, you must; consume much less!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Too many calories? would be my best guess.

I had a very active busy job and ate whatever I could in the limited time I had to eat. It's very easy to inhale too many calories when you do this and when you don't know when you'll get to eat again.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    How many hours a day do you work?
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My two cents, I would go see a good osteopath or naturopathic physician to access all.your levels and can probably shed some light on what's going on. You maybe low in vitamin.d or b for example or may have a food sensitivity that could be wrecking havov. All the diets in the world will not work unless you know your body first. If all good, go see a good nutritionist followed by.a great trainer
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think.