Getting my body back after kiddo #3, I need help

Options
amanduhh828
amanduhh828 Posts: 521 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
So I just had my 3rd kiddo, a little girl, back at the end of February. I'm trying to get back down to my weight pre-pregnancy, it seemed so easy with the other 2! Here's my dilema: I'm a nursing mom so I have to constantly snack or eat healthy. I have times set aside when I workout while she is sleeping and such. I need some quick and healthy food options, or some great workouts to do. I want to get back into doing HIIT. I'd also like to do weights again. Any inputs as to some go to snacks (as I don't always have time to fix something up and eat it) or some really good workouts, be it a website or certain workouts you can give me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• sleivian
    sleivian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found success after my daughter's birth with 30 Day Shred. The DVD is cheap and effective!!!
  • iluvnumbrs
    iluvnumbrs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is an app from runtastic called six pack, it has workouts that start easy and increase in intensity. After you finish is flows into MFP. I'm really liking it and see progress.
  • jessicaaxo25
    jessicaaxo25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey I have 3 kids too and still nursing my youngest (8 months).

I think you should look into the keto diet. That's what I am doing right now and I lost 11lbs in 8 days. I eat 1300-1500 calories a day, avoid carbs like bread, pasta, rice etc and avoid fruit Or added sugar.

I eat higher macros then people normally do on the keto diet (20g carbs) so that my supply doesn't drop but you only eat when your hungry on this diet. Drink lots of water, have full fat dairy (butter, plain greek yogurt, cheese, heavy whipping cream in your coffee) and you will see the pounds drop!
  • MrsPotStirerLoL
    MrsPotStirerLoL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lindsay Brin - Mom into fitness helped me lose my baby weight and some after my 4th pregnancy. I gained 40 pounds and lost 53. She has some video's on youtube and she offers streaming (computer, phone, tablet, app) for 12.99 a month. I also breastfed. I worked out and only made very small changes to my diet because i didn't want to compromise my supply. I second the keto and i don't think it should bother your supply as long as you get enough calories in.
  • amanduhh828
    Options
    Hey I have 3 kids too and still nursing my youngest (8 months).

I think you should look into the keto diet. That's what I am doing right now and I lost 11lbs in 8 days. I eat 1300-1500 calories a day, avoid carbs like bread, pasta, rice etc and avoid fruit Or added sugar.

I eat higher macros then people normally do on the keto diet (20g carbs) so that my supply doesn't drop but you only eat when your hungry on this diet. Drink lots of water, have full fat dairy (butter, plain greek yogurt, cheese, heavy whipping cream in your coffee) and you will see the pounds drop!

You will have to give me all the info you can or point me to where I can find it! Sounds do-able!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Just FYI...I am doing the 30 Day Shred currently. It's free on YouTube. I'm not sure if this is really the best option for you being barely 3 months pp. my girls turn 1 next week and I would say this is a good workout for me at this point. Around your time pp I was just focusing on my health, eating properly and taking care of my babies. If I got a walk in with the stroller that was a win for me. I didn't start getting consistent until 6/7 months pp. Good luck. I'm sure you will get lots of feedback and have lots of options to see what works for you.
  • amanduhh828
    Options
    Just FYI...I am doing the 30 Day Shred currently. It's free on YouTube. I'm not sure if this is really the best option for you being barely 3 months pp. my girls turn 1 next week and I would say this is a good workout for me at this point. Around your time pp I was just focusing on my health, eating properly and taking care of my babies. If I got a walk in with the stroller that was a win for me. I didn't start getting consistent until 6/7 months pp. Good luck. I'm sure you will get lots of feedback and have lots of options to see what works for you.

Thanks! I'll look into the 30 day shred on youtube. If using feel comfortable doing that now I'll remember it for the future!
  • melpidal
    melpidal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My 3rd is 10 months so right in the trenches with you!!! I'm trying to have lower expectations because babies are hard work. I think I expect too much of myself sometimes, which backfires because then when I just can't do it all, I overeat and down goes my spiral!!
  • teamgiff4
    teamgiff4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Probably not what you want to hear, but I had my last baby 9 years ago.... and if I could go back I would have stopped worrying about getting my body back. It will happen. Don't stress.
    Walk a lot. Take care of yourself and baby. Eat right. Don't fall for the pressures of society and celebrities "getting their bodies back" You never lost it, you were making a baby. OH yeah... and if you have a choice between a nap or a workout, sometimes you gotta go for the nap. Give yourself a break.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Fruit
    Peanut butter
    Cereal bars
    Baby carrots or other raw easy-to-eat veg

And I would get into walking more often as a way to build up and go easy on the 30 Day Shred as some people injure their knees.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    After my third I just googled "dumbbell circuits" and put together a few workouts that targeted the whole body. I went for higher volume moderate weight for the lifts (somewhere in the range of 4 sets of 10-12 reps and super set some of the lifts) and the weight melted off. Best of luck!
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    teamgiff4 wrote: »
    Probably not what you want to hear, but I had my last baby 9 years ago.... and if I could go back I would have stopped worrying about getting my body back. It will happen. Don't stress.
    Walk a lot. Take care of yourself and baby. Eat right. Don't fall for the pressures of society and celebrities "getting their bodies back" You never lost it, you were making a baby. OH yeah... and if you have a choice between a nap or a workout, sometimes you gotta go for the nap. Give yourself a break.

I agree with this, though. Rest when you can! My youngest was two and had given up naps entirely before I really got back to it. So don't sacrifice adequate rest in pursuit of getting your body back :)
  • amanduhh828
    Options
    melpidal wrote: »
    My 3rd is 10 months so right in the trenches with you!!! I'm trying to have lower expectations because babies are hard work. I think I expect too much of myself sometimes, which backfires because then when I just can't do it all, I overeat and down goes my spiral!!

Same!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    teamgiff4 wrote: »

^^^^^^^^^^^^THISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!