New baby

Options
emmalpeacock91
emmalpeacock91 Posts: 5 Member
Hi everybody!! Any tips on how to lose weight in just one area in particular without losing weight elsewhere? My babies 8 weeks old and im carrying some extra mammy weight! X

Replies

• faysalubit
    faysalubit Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't think so you can lose fat from specific part ..
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No only genetics determine, where we; lose weight 1st & since you just had a baby your pouch even, without excess fat'll take; a while to shrink because it's mainly, excess skin & skin, shrinks slowly sometimes it; doesn't entirely!

I'd recommend allowing, yourself to; heal another 4 weeks & then, begin strength training ~ lifting weights, etc. It'll help, you strengthen; your core muscles & Happy Mother's Day!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    faysalubit wrote: »
    I don't think so you can lose fat from specific part ..

I can. I have skillz
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Happy mothers day..

First off, you can't spot reduce.

And here's my view on the matter.. Stop forcing your body to go back to the shape it was before you had a precious child.

See, it took 9 months to change your body in order to create your baby and it's going take at least 9 months for your body to recover. Maybe even more.

Relax, enjoy being a mom and don't worry about your body. Eat healthy and join a mom's workout class. But don't worry about that body of yours. It just pulled off a miracle by creating life.

<3 this!
  • emmalpeacock91
    Options
    Thanks for the insight everyone! I generally wouldn't mind if I had excess weight everywhere so i didn't look so odd, its just its all been left in one bloody place!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You're baby is still so small, give it time. I'm guessing you are talking about your stomach. It may never be exactly the same but it will change.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If your excess weight really is all in one place when you lose weight then that is where you would get smaller. The rest of you should not change much.

I carry my weight more in my belly area. My legs and arms are not big and have not changed much as I lose weight.

Give it time. Set your goal for .5 lb a week.
    Include some strength training. If you don't have equipment look at bodyweight exercises.
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You'll bounce back! Congrats on the new baby!
  • emmalpeacock91
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    You're baby is still so small, give it time. I'm guessing you are talking about your stomach. It may never be exactly the same but it will change.

Yeah I am, and thankyou for your positive reply :)
  • emmalpeacock91
    Options
    You'll bounce back! Congrats on the new baby!

Thankyou! :)
  • emmalpeacock91
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    If your excess weight really is all in one place when you lose weight then that is where you would get smaller. The rest of you should not change much.

I carry my weight more in my belly area. My legs and arms are not big and have not changed much as I lose weight.

Give it time. Set your goal for .5 lb a week.
    Include some strength training. If you don't have equipment look at bodyweight exercises.

Yeah your right, you sound the same as me! Thankyou I'll look into it x