Feelings

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I had an ex who used to tell me if my feelings were hurt that it was my fault for choosing to feel that way. It's kinda true, but still confuses me to think about.

did he also give you math problems?

.... I hate those things
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Men have feelings too
    May I share mine with you?

https://youtu.be/JTVzSq81wCs

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Folks, the OP got some to agree with him so we can move one because he is validated.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    While I will admit that there are some overly sensitive people on this website, that wasn't entirely what it was about today. Chit Chat is full of a lot of sarcasm and goofing off.
    Opinions and feelings are different. I may have an opinion on a matter that I feel is correct, but it doesn't mean you will hurt my feelings if you disagree. I also won't necessarily back down from that opinion. Doesn't mean I am sensitive, means I feel that my point is more valid. Some men believe that if a woman argues a point that it is an emotional response. True? Maybe sometimes. Or..... maybe the woman just knows she is right.

.... why do you hate me?
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2017
    I often wonder the same. People ask for input. So you give legit input, ask honest questions, and they become defensive and insulting. My hypothesis is because they don't really want Truth. They want sycophants to agree and praise their wonderfulness.

Honestly, I also think many are either uneducated or disabled, and struggle with reading comprehension. Makes me wonder why I bother to respond.

If you don't want truth, DON'T ASK ME THE FREAKING QUESTION.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Men have feelings too
    May I share mine with you?

https://youtu.be/JTVzSq81wCs

Hahahaah!!
    That's the worst song I've ever heard!! :D
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    First thing that popped into my head lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhoIf8dDVE
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Learning how to deal with criticism should be on the national curriculum. Kids need to be taught how to deal with being kicked in the "feels". Life is harsh, on and off the internet.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/95/7b/8e/957b8e14ce88b4b382d2dcee9e190730.jpg0cnkrxyjcatm.png

• Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2017
    Meh. People will be people and things could be much worse. No point in holding certain expectations with strangers.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    newmeadow wrote: »
    People have feelings when they aren't sociopaths.

I know, sheesh. Feelings are so unpopular these days. What do the kids call it now? Oh yeah. Dem feelz. Like it's for stupid people or something.

Sociopathy though, definitely gaining in popularity. Eeewww.

This is a good point, IMO.

People who squeal and jeer at "the feeeeeeeeeelz!" and so on...I don't know...it's so...weird. It's just like third grade with the giant kid who punched you in the nose, then bleated, "oh, you gonna cryyyyyyyyy now?" Except...it's being done by somebody who's supposed to be, you know, adult. And in what is supposed to be a more subtle way. (Nope. LOL! But points for trying? I guess? :) )

Just odd...

People do have feelings. LOL. I know. Crazy...

With that said...I still think just reacting in basically any way whatsoever that doesn't sound like the voice version of HTML code isn't necessarily being upset or acting like "hurt feelings". I stand by what I said earlier, I think when people complain about stuff like this, it says more about them. Just my (wait for it) feeling on this, having seen it so many times on the internet. Someone posts something totally passive-aggressive, thinly veiled and pulls out an absolutely ingenious whomever-celebrity rolling-eyes gif (oh yar! Clever) then stands back clutching his pearls and going, "But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy would you get upset over just an opinion?"

Actually...that's less angering than it is kind of funny...my kids used to try to get attention this way too...they did grow out of it, I mean they didn't want to be the class idiots or something. :D I have faith (on noes, is that dem feeelz again?) that a few adults I come across on occasion will outgrow it too. :D If not, have at it, hoss, whatever makes ya happy.

But...this whole being disturbed that people aren't all self-lobotomized somehow or something dealio...you may want to get over that...kinda runs contrary to, you know, logic and an even rudimentary understanding of the human condition...and if it disturbs one enough to cause that person to need to grouse about it on the internet, again, may want to do something about that or you'll just continuously feel disturbed and unhappy about basic humanity being human...just sayin'. Can't be any more fun for you than the person with "dem feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelz," I'm not sure whom to feel sorrier for. :D

Good luck, OP.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    I was recently reported for explaining to someone that he should be saying "I couldn't care less" rather than "I could care less". I received a chastising message explaining that I must refrain from correcting the grammar of others. Fragility. Feelings. And yes, that message from the administrator did hurt my feelings...
  • LAWoman72
    edited May 2017
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I was recently reported for explaining to someone that he should be saying "I couldn't care less" rather than "I could care less". I received a chastising message explaining that I must refrain from correcting the grammar of others. Fragility. Feelings. And yes, that message from the administrator did hurt my feelings...

I thought that was TOS (correcting grammar), not feelings, or am I thinking of another forum? Too lazy to look it up right now.

And I sincerely doubt the reason is fragility and so on. More likely it's because a total derailment to the tune of 10 pages or more is sure to follow. :dizzy:

Surely you've noticed this?

Anyway, just my guess?

(p.s. Obviously this bothered you, or you wouldn't have brought it up...it would have gone right past you otherwise with a shrug...indeed, you'd likely not even recall it...hashtag irony... :D Not criticizing, just pointing it out since feelings are the subject of this thread. And just in case anybody else is as fascinated with psychology as I am. In this case we have an illustration of how feelings are fine if they're expressed as anger/annoyance; if they had been sadness they wouldn't have been fine, ergo, feelings are "allowed" to be expressed but only by the individual's own terms. )
  • Bry_Fitness70
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

I thought that was TOS (correcting grammar), not feelings, or am I thinking of another forum? Too lazy to look it up right now.

And I sincerely doubt the reason is fragility and so on. More likely it's because a total derailment to the tune of 10 pages or more is sure to follow. :dizzy:

Anyway, just my guess?

I don't even feel like it was some ticky-tack grammar correction (like a their/there or lose/loose correction), it was just correcting a term that a guy was misusing in a fairly benign way. Sigh, okay, go ahead dude, continue looking silly by using a term incorrectly, I will just step aside and let you and your feelings be on your way, lol.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

If correcting grammar results in a flagging... I should expect to be behind bars in no time.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Technically, yes, correcting grammar does violate the TOS here. It falls under 'No attacks/insults' I believe. That particular one is a pet peeve and I correct my husband on it ALL the time. He's yet to have his feelings hurt, but he still says it incorrectly so he's probably not even listening to me at this point... :tongue: But I won't correct anyone if I see it here; not worth the warning.
  • LAWoman72

Anyway, just my guess?

I don't even feel like it was some ticky-tack grammar correction (like a their/there or lose/loose correction), it was just correcting a term that a guy was misusing in a fairly benign way. Sigh, okay, go ahead dude, continue looking silly by using a term incorrectly, I will just step aside and let you and your feelings be on your way, lol.

Once again, if it's against TOS it is, and has absolutely zip to do with the person's feelings.

Have you wondered why you are invested in deciding it all had to do with feelings?

• Bry_Fitness70

Anyway, just my guess?

Once again, if it's against TOS it is, and has absolutely zip to do with the person's feelings.

Have you wondered why you are invested in deciding it all had to do with feelings?

Uhh, to be a "violation of TOS" it has to be reported to an admin, and the only reason one would do such a thing is because...hurt feelings :'(:'( . I'm not invested in anyone's feelings in MFP-land. I'm just sharing a story on a thread entitled "feelings" (seems like a good place to do it), and hoping that people will become a little bit more resilient and not have meltdowns over trivial things.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    My feelings are locked behind a very unbreakable brick wall, and I have no *kitten* to give.