Lets try again

TigerLilly03
TigerLilly03 Posts: 49 Member
I keep failing.. I'm re-starting once again. I lose all the weight and then I gain. I lose and gain and so on.. I feel like I have no support what so ever so I give up. My weight is out of control at this point and I must lose this weight once and for all. I'm so frustrated I have no clue what to do. To stay motivated. I want to work out and then I don't. I like walking but then I give up. I don't have many friends on this site. Anyone else looking for friends and support on here?

Replies

• BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    The most important aspect for weight loss is adhering to your calorie restrictions. I have dropped 25lbs and gained back 6, all from following and then not following those restrictions. It's not that I don't want to exercise, I can't yet.

I'm going through PT to help rebuild a back that was once broken many years ago (was never diagnosed properly and healed on its own) and now *only* has advanced onset arthritis in six joints.

It. Sucks.

I have a lot of friends on here, but I've learned that although they do their best to keep people's spirits up, it is ultimately my job and mine alone, to follow the rules and get myself back to healthy.

If I want that extra slice of pizza - it's on me. Bowl of ice cream? On me. More potato chips than a single serving? On me.

But...if I want to choose a healthy option instead of junk food? That's on me too. Add more protein to my diet and less carbs? That's on me as well.

Actually log all of my calories and be honest about it? 100% on me.

When that scale shows me I didn't lose 1-2lbs in the past week, that's on me. When it shows I did...that's on me as well.

None of my friends are going to rush into my house, or tackle me at a local restaurant (although that'd be great to see) and say, "HEY! Don't eat that! Have some more protein or fiber instead, it'll help you feel fuller longer!"

They not only can't, they probably wouldn't even if they could, because ultimately here's the deal. The ones who haven't gotten there yet, wouldn't do it simply because they're not quite ready to take responsibility for their own actions, let alone judge someone else's.

And the ones who've gotten fit and have kept themselves fit know...really know...that the only person that can stop me from eating poorly and start eating well...is me.

If you want friends, have at it. There's tons of people here who will friend you at the drop of a hat. There's tons of people willing to give you advice - I'm one of them. But don't take any of it until you're ready to look yourself in the mirror and say one simple thing:

"This is on me."

Good luck out there, we're pulling for you - whether you know it or not.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Binary's post is spot on correct.

I would add this. Put yourself FIRST for once - your health, your diet, and time for some exercise. Promise yourself that while you get your weight and health under control, you will not let anything get in your way.
  • weezyxo
    weezyxo Posts: 11 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you girl
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    The most important aspect for weight loss is adhering to your calorie restrictions. I have dropped 25lbs and gained back 6, all from following and then not following those restrictions. It's not that I don't want to exercise, I can't yet.

I'm going through PT to help rebuild a back that was once broken many years ago (was never diagnosed properly and healed on its own) and now *only* has advanced onset arthritis in six joints.

It. Sucks.

I have a lot of friends on here, but I've learned that although they do their best to keep people's spirits up, it is ultimately my job and mine alone, to follow the rules and get myself back to healthy.

If I want that extra slice of pizza - it's on me. Bowl of ice cream? On me. More potato chips than a single serving? On me.

But...if I want to choose a healthy option instead of junk food? That's on me too. Add more protein to my diet and less carbs? That's on me as well.

Actually log all of my calories and be honest about it? 100% on me.

When that scale shows me I didn't lose 1-2lbs in the past week, that's on me. When it shows I did...that's on me as well.

None of my friends are going to rush into my house, or tackle me at a local restaurant (although that'd be great to see) and say, "HEY! Don't eat that! Have some more protein or fiber instead, it'll help you feel fuller longer!"

They not only can't, they probably wouldn't even if they could, because ultimately here's the deal. The ones who haven't gotten there yet, wouldn't do it simply because they're not quite ready to take responsibility for their own actions, let alone judge someone else's.

And the ones who've gotten fit and have kept themselves fit know...really know...that the only person that can stop me from eating poorly and start eating well...is me.

If you want friends, have at it. There's tons of people here who will friend you at the drop of a hat. There's tons of people willing to give you advice - I'm one of them. But don't take any of it until you're ready to look yourself in the mirror and say one simple thing:

"This is on me."

Good luck out there, we're pulling for you - whether you know it or not.

This is it in a nutshell. You either want it or you don't, and if you do, it's hard work but so worth it and so empowering.

Choose.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    So have you been really restrictive in the past? Rewarded your weight loss with a binge week? Put a firm date on when your goal weight will occur? Freaked out over a stagnant weight loss week (like a 0.2 lb loss average)?

It sounds like you feel hopeless in your post, but what has your mindset been?

It's okay to fall off the wagon for a day (or a week), think of it as a reset and start again.

It's okay to not lose much weight over the course of a week or two, look at the trend.

It's okay to go over some days or weekends because overall, it's not going to ruin your overall goals.

Do this and eat in a way that makes you happy. Make it the new normal and be mindful of how you feel when you're eating and what you put in your body.