Lower fat buffalo chicken recipes?

Options
photo_kyla
photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
I love boneless buffalo wings, if only they weren't such HUGE calorie bombs. Normally I try to be good and avoid them, but sometimes I give in to temptation. Unfortunately, the last time I went out and indulged, they were so greasy that I felt sick after eating only half. Reheating the rest a few days later showed me how much oil cooked out of them in the oven. Yuck
My question is, does anyone have any secret weapon boneless buffalo wing recipes? Something that is still crispy and spicy, but not dripping grease?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Bake your chicken... put buffalo sauce on em! thats what I do when Im in a buffalo bind!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    Someone posted this a while back - they are to die for and I think they're about 120 Cals per roll. They are SOOOOO good and will definitely satisfy your buffalo wing craving!

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/31/buffalo-chicken-rolls/
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I coat chicken breasts in Panko crumbs, and add a stuffing/filling (either pound the breasts flat and roll them, or cut a pocket and fill it) made of buffalo sauce, panko crumbs, lowfat ranch and Neufchatel (like cream cheese, but naturally lower in fat) cheese, drizzle more sauce on top, then bake.

I eat BIG servings of chicken, so one 8oz breast with the stuffing is 413 calories.
    Carbs 22
    Fat 12
    Protein 58
    Sodium 450 (depending on the sauce... some is higher in sodium)

Half that if you eat a 4 oz serving. :wink:
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I definitely have to try out some of these :)
  • Degator
    Degator Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not sure how this would work for boneless wings, but this is how I cook bone-in wings. Take the wings and put them in a steamer basket over boiling water for about 10 minutes. Remove and pat dry with paper towels, place on a cooling rack over a paper towel lined sheet pan, let cool an hour in the fridge. Remove the paper towels, place sheet pan on middle rack and bake them at 425 for 20 minutes, then flip the wings and bake for 20-30 minutes more. By steaming them first, it removes a lot of fat and then baking them this way makes them taste crunchy not mushy like most baked wings. Then toss in the sauce of your choosing.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    Someone posted this a while back - they are to die for and I think they're about 120 Cals per roll. They are SOOOOO good and will definitely satisfy your buffalo wing craving!

YOU, i love YOU for this....*drooool*
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options

YOU, i love YOU for this....*drooool*

Me too!!!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I tried this and it tasted pretty good:

I used boneless skinless chicken breasts..baked them plain..

Then diced them and put them in a frying pan that I sprayed with Pam. I sauteed (i guess thats the right word) them for a little then added some KC Masterpeice Buffalo Chicken Marinade (I used 1 TBSP for every 2 oz) and then let it simmer...Tasted JUST like Buffalo wings...
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    all of this sounds soooo yummy
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options

These Buffalo Chicken Rolls look amazing!! I have to make these ASAP :)
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i have a recipe for a buffalo crockpot shredded chicken. Pretty yummy, but not on a bone.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump as I want make the lower cal this wk for dinner
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    i make a buffalo chicken wrap...

1 morning star chicken patty cut up
    dip it in franks red hot buffalo wing sauce
    spread 1 laughing cow blue cheese wedge on a pita or tortilla
    add whatever else you like...i add lettuce and onions