How to make the last five pounds slip off easily ?

Options
I've heard the last 5 is the hardest to lose. How can I make it not as difficult and have the weight fall off like the other pounds?

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    This is actually a very individual thing, and if it affects you there's not really a lot you can do about it. To a degree, it depends on how lean you already are, the leaner you are the harder it is because you simply don't have a lot of fat reserves left to get rid of. If you try to push it to maximise scale weight loss chances are you'll lose more lean body mass than you'd like. There is also a psychological factor for some people - diet fatigue setting in.

I'm pretty much smack bang in the middle of my healthy weight range by BMI, not particularly lean (but obviously a bit more muscle than someone the same size who doesn't work out), and I haven't struggled with the last bit this time, nor other times I've lost weight (notwithstanding the final pound, which has been interrupted by hormonal fluid retention then a visiting father - chances are I'm actually at goal and just have some fluid retention from eating out several days in a row!!).
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The only way I've lost over 7lb in a day is giving birth.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    For the vast majority of people, it's not easy or fast. Making this harder to provide advice is also whether your goal is realistic, what your current bf% is, etc etc