Favorite running songs?

Options
melpidal
melpidal Posts: 34 Member
Just started running again and need some great adrenaline pumping songs to add to my playlist. No rap tho. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Replies

• Jimbolaya64
    Jimbolaya64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Rock My Run, google it!
  • graydreams
    graydreams Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Runaground - Chase you Down
    Halsey - Colours
    Jay Chou - Try :)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I did a search on Amazon for play lists, running, with a bpm that approximates my preferred cadence.

Favorite, "You Never Can Tell" Chuck Berry. aka "C'est La Vie" aka "Teenage Wedding",
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Radioactive and even though I hate it that club dance music has a good beat for running.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    I did a search on Amazon for play lists, running, with a bpm that approximates my preferred cadence.

Favorite, "You Never Can Tell" Chuck Berry. aka "C'est La Vie" aka "Teenage Wedding",

I have had this song on my running playlist for over 10 years. It's one of a handful of songs that I never take off. Every time it comes on it really gets me going. I can't tell you the number of times it came on just as I needed it to get me to the finish of a long training run.
  • melpidal
    Options
    @Jimbolaya64 found that app! It's awesome! Thanks for the recommendation; totally going to use it!!!!
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    "Can't stop 'til you get enough" by Michael Jackson. I don't know what it is but every time this song rotates thru l get a burst of energy.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    melpidal wrote: »
    @Jimbolaya64 found that app! It's awesome! Thanks for the recommendation; totally going to use it!!!!

Was going to second it. I play classic rock at ~140 bpm. Only issue I have is each channel plays the same song in the same order and I would like more random playing, but I'd probably have to pay for that.
  • Jimbolaya64
    Jimbolaya64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher There is a shuffle button (the criss-crossed arrows next to the play button). I've had mixed luck with it though. It shuffles the playlist but I can't set the bpm after it shuffles. Try it and let me know how it works for you.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Going the Distance. Cake
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    The one thing that never worked for me is matching the bpm to my running. I don't run fast enough to get the right kind of music that I find encouraging.

I find it works on the treadmill, but not in the real world.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Footloose, Lagrange, walk like an Egyptian, call me maybe, Break on through, break my stride, happy,The infanta, Shake it off, take on me, we built this city Foreplay/Long Time, 867-5309/Jenny, Maniac , Africa. For my recovery (walk periods) I like Gymnopedie No. 1, Whiter Shade of Pale, Joan Baez, classical guitar.
    When I first started running again at 51--OK, what I really did at 51 was start walking, but by the time I was 52 a few months later I was starting to run (and I use the term "run" very loosely)– – my goal was to do some iteration of a 3/1 run/walk. That is, I wanted to run three minutes and walk one minute, or run three songs and walk one song.
    I like to set up at least one playlist that has three fast songs and one more gentle song for any runs I do that I am pretty sure are long enough that I will need some walk periods in them. Then I don't have to think about time, and the gentle song helps me to recover a little better between the run periods. I set up special playlists when I do the occasional half (once a year or so), with the songs that keep me from going out too quickly from excitement, then ones that keep me going the last few miles when I want to sit down.
    Good on you for getting going again. Take it slow so you can love it more than you hate it.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Yakety Sax
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I was just thinking today that I should set up a playlist for my 5K on 5/28 (working through C25K). Normally I stream Amazon, mostly the Avicii station, which is not to my usual tasted but it's kind of gentle EDM which works well for a new runner. I wanted to have a more directed playlist for the actual race.

My contribution: Peanut Butter Jelly by Galantis (EDM - not my usual thing but I smile whenever it comes on), Sunset Jesus by Avicii, Lone Digger by Caravan Palace.
  • beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    "Grassroots" by 311
    "Rock Your Body" Justin Timberlake
    "Paradise" Coldplay

Just some thoughts.
  • melpidal
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!! Great suggestions!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I started getting bored with songs especially on my longer runs... after reading on here that another runner listens to audio books, I decided to try it. It's pretty awesome. It's a great way to pass 2 hours of running without it feeling like 2 hours :smile:
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Anything by The Offspring (their songs are fast-paced); The Police, Foo Fighters, Green Day
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Enter Sandman - Metallica
    Treasure - Bruno Mars
    Come with Me Now - KONGOS
    HandClap - Fitz and The Tantrums