Thyroid Issues

Options
My thyroid was removed a couple of years ago following a diagnosis of Graves disease. I have been struggling ever since; I can put on weight eating very few calories. Would enjoy hearing from others who have had the same issue and how they are dealing with it.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    is your medication controlled? when was the last time you had bloodwork done (full thyroid panel)?
  • sacredg
    sacredg Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 6 weeks ago, over two years have gained 3 stone, despite having little appetite. Ive been dieting three weeks and have shifted 3 pounds - im eating very little and exercising.
  • deannalfisher
    Options
    sacredg wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 6 weeks ago, over two years have gained 3 stone, despite having little appetite. Ive been dieting three weeks and have shifted 3 pounds - im eating very little and exercising.

have you been put on any kind of medication? (it will take time to get that dialed in)
  • nuclearworkout
    nuclearworkout Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    They do a blood panel every 3 to 4 months, they upped the medication a little to see if it helps, and I go for another blood panel in June.

I am not sure how to directly reply to a reply :smile:
  • deannalfisher
    Options
    from experience - its taken me close to 3 years to get my levels dialed in - I had my thyroidectromy in January 2014 and even now, we have tweaked my levels

also if you are on the name brand or on the generic, you may look to switch - I can't take the name brand stuff, but the generic works well for me