Appetite

Any advice on appetite suppressant? I have no problem working out, but snaking is my downfall!

Replies

• l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    I have noticed that if I drink a cup of coffee after I get to work and a cup of coffee mid afternoon that it works wonders that I do not get hungry in between meals like I usually do.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Water. 4 out of every 5 tonnes i think I'm hungry, I'm actually thirsty. So If i feel hungry i drink a glass of water and reevaluate my hunger in 30 minutes.
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    I'll second the water comment. If I'm drinking enough water, I'm almost never ever hungry. I drink 8 glasses min. every day. Usually closer to 12.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Getting enough sleep. When all else fails, coffee.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Caffeine...coffee, tea, caffeine pills.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Make sure you are getting enough protein, fat, and fiber. They can all help with satiety and are important for other reasons as well. If I'm not really hungry, just "snacky" I find a cup of coffee during the day or a cup of mint green tea at night can get the job done (sometimes with a square of dark chocolate, because... chocolate).
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Make sure you are getting enough protein, fat, and fiber. They can all help with satiety and are important for other reasons as well. If I'm not really hungry, just "snacky" I find a cup of coffee during the day or a cup of mint green tea at night can get the job done (sometimes with a square of dark chocolate, because... chocolate).

Agree with Kimny. Also, I have found that if I do start snacking, I will often want to continue snacking, and my whole day is blown. So I stopped snacking and started to distract myself with busy work. If I move away from the kitchen /tv / computer and get really busy doing something, I'll suddenly find myself with a project completed a few hours later not having snacked! :) After doing that for a while (and sometimes having to ignore my mind telling me to grab some chips), I have lost the urge. I feel like I have gotten used to being a bit hungry and it feels ok to feel that way. Not having blood sugar swings helps a lot.