Breakfast

Options
I need weight loss help on what to eat for breakfast it's a struggle.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat anything for breakfast so I can have a larger lunch and dinner.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    What foods do you like? How much time do you have to prepare and eat breakfast? How many calories are you aiming for a day? Are you hungry in the morning? Which types of foods make you feel most satisfied in the morning?

I eat a big breakfast of eggs, toast, vegetables, coffee, cream. It's my biggest meal of the day and the one I consistently have the most time to eat and enjoy.
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My diary is open.
    But I just try to stay between 3 and 4 hundred calories for breakfast.
    I almost always have some kind of fruit and pair it with a cup of coffee(black) and either a granola bar, peanut butter, or you could even do a piece of toast with a little jelly or butter.
    You could do 2 eggs and add in some veggies and a little cheese, or oatmeal and add some nuts, fruit and honey.
    There's endless options you just have to look at the calorie content and calculate it ahead of time.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Your goal is keeping with your calorie limit for the day which means you need to eat a breakfast that works with your body to maximize satiety. In my case I need to eat protein and fats in the morning and avoid refined carbs in order to keep my blood sugar stable and avoid a mid morning ravenous binge. I eat lots of things like an egg scrambled with black beans, a little avocado and salsa. I try to keep my breakfast under 1/3 of my daily calories so there's room for an afternoon snack when I'm hungriest. If you hate breakfast then maybe a mid morning snack would be better - or even waiting till lunch. Or maybe you need something hearty like oatmeal with a little protein powder mixed . Or a cup of Greek yogurt. Just pay attention to when you seem to feel hungriest and how your body responds to different types of macros and you can build and eating schedule that best suits your goal of sticking to your calorie limit.
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I rotate between 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, scrambled, with one Morningstar Farms sausage patty (vegan) or Chobani Flips or Think Thin Oatmeal cups (I prefer the vanilla one).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry for breakfast? Do you have time/like to cook in the morning? What do you eat now/like to eat?

I eat eggs and vegetables and maybe some smoked salmon most days, but that's because I like those things.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    what is the struggle? eating too much?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat?

Today I had 100g of sliced turkey for breakfast. It was yummy, and what I was craving. Sometimes I have 1 cup of Stonyfield French Vanilla Greek Yogurt with 1 serving of Whole Grain Total cereal crumbled on top and a side of fruit. Sometimes I skip breakfast and eat a bigger lunch or a bigger lunch and dinner. Sometimes I just have a huge bowl of watermelon/cantaloupe/honeydew. Or an apple. Or a green smoothie....

Sometimes I like 2 scrambled eggs with bacon. Sometimes I eat a donut if I am in the mood. Egg McMuffin. Whatever I feel like eating, I eat it - log it - and move on. Some things are foolish choices (donut, lol) and then I have to make adjustments later on.

I find that eating cereal for breakfast tastes good but does not satisfy for long unless I eat 3 servings at once. And it still doesn't satisfy for long. Eating more protein and fiber helps me feel fuller longer.
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have (well I don't make the time) no time in the morning so I eat a quest bar. It's 22 grams of protein, 15 fiber and little to no sugar.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I go through phases. Last few weeks I've been eating an egg and bacon sandwich. I've also eaten oatmeal, scrambles( eggs, potatoes, bacon, veggies) English muffin w peanut butter...
  • brookekaczor
    brookekaczor Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have farm fresh eggs and toast and jam... yummmm
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I either eat eggs or I saute apple, Brussels sprouts, and bacon. Sometimes I eat leftovers from previous day's dinner, or I make frozen chicken strips. Nothing says you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast if that's the issue.

Eat whatever you like that fits your calories.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im not a big breakfast person, so usually i have an english muffin with peanut butter or jam or yogurt
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Eat something you like that will keep you full until your next meal.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I very rarely eat something savoury for breakfast and when I do its more of a brunch timewise. I usually have stewed apple with oats and yoghurt oroccasionally muesli with milk. It's my most carby meal of the day with dinner being the least amount of carbs (usually) - this structure seems to work best in terms of energy levels for me
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If I have time to cook I have:
    Bacon and egg
    Bacon and mustardy mushrooms
    Salmon spinach and scrambled egg
    English fry up!!
    Porridge with fruit or seed topping

If not I have:
    Greek yogurt with fruit
    Olives and cured meats
    Or nothing and an early lunch
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I make frittatas "egg muffins" on Sunday and have breakfast for the entire week. Eggs, breakfast sausage, onions, cheese and some cream. Comes in around 350 cals per morning and I only have to mess with it one day. I can provide a better recipe if anyone wants one.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal! I have it with fruit and seeds and/or nuts. Portion size is the key...I'd love to eat a full cup of oatmeal but that would mean a smaller lunch, and I also love lunch.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast eater. I usually have a protein shake and a banana, or some vanilla Greek yogurt with a tbsp of PB mixed in.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every day for breakfast: 1/2 cup scrambled egg whites with cheddar, served on top of a slice of sara lee light 45 calorie bread, toasted. Comes in around 225 calories. Super filling and has protein, fat, and fiber for long satiety.