Really upset

Options
Hi everyone i have been using this website for about 2 weeks now staying within my calories and excersizing 5 days a week about 50 mins cardio and then 10 min abs and some strength training not much tho. When i started here i was 171 and still 171 i am sad i am not getting anywhere cant even fit into a size 13 jeans witch is idk depressing any advice anyone? My goal was to lose 25lbs by may and i just dont see it happening.

Replies

• coliechacer
    Options
    Hi everyone i have been using this website for about 2 weeks now staying within my calories and excersizing 5 days a week about 50 mins cardio and then 10 min abs and some strength training not much tho. When i started here i was 171 and still 171 i am sad i am not getting anywhere cant even fit into a size 13 jeans witch is idk depressing any advice anyone? My goal was to lose 25lbs by may and i just dont see it happening.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water?
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Just stick with it. It does take time. Have you been getting all your water in? The weight will come off. It's basic math. Calories burned has to be more than calories consumed to lose weight. Sometimes it just takes our bodies a bit to get the idea. Give it more time. YOU CAN DO IT!:drinker:
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    water, water, water!! Have you taken your measurements???
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Water is not my thing its gross i try to drink it with every meal i have but i kinda have to force my self so i probably only get like max 4 glasses a day i drink diet soda and diet green tea. Do you think thats why i am not losing
  • keeleysn
    keeleysn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :cry: Im sorry, I know how you feel. Just keep trying! Maybe you should use more of your cals towards proteins. Good Luck....:flowerforyou:
  • coliechacer
    Options
    i dont have a measuring tape and i wouldnt know were to measure ? I will try drinking more water if your guys think that will help
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    Generally it's a good idea to quit soda altogether if you want to lose... at least in my experience. Even Diet soda makes you retain water or something... this is coming from the World's Most Addicted Person To Diet Coke, too, so I know it sucks.

It takes a while to adjust to water, but after a week or so you'll start liking it-seriously! You just gotta suffer through for a little while :)

Also I am nowhere near an expert as I've lost like, -15 lbs since I started coming here .. shhh
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    You definately need your water, add some lemon in it........ but I would say yes it could have something to do with it.

Jess
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    absolutely. you MUST drink your water. tea and diet soda do not cut it. you could buy the crystal light to-go things, but i think plain old water is what you need. try it very cold and just go for it. i use a 16 oz bottle a day. that = 2 cups. so i tell myself i only need 4 bottles and anything after that is a plus. but i really love water. i grew up in the desert and you wouldnt believe how much you appreciate water.

do drink up sister! :drinker:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? You will be in starvation mode if not with the exercise and your body's not letting the weight go ...maybe you need to up your actual intake? that seems to work for some, is it set at the minimum of 1200?
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes that could be the problem. Water helps rise your metabolism and also the diet soda is not good for you either. Try to drink more water and just 1diet soda a day.
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    diet coke is probably one of the worst things you could drink because it messes with your metabolism
    I would recommend not drinking it anymore, period.
    water is the only think you should be drinking on a regular basis
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, upping your calories may help. It goes against everything we've heard or been taught usually, but if you're at 1200 calories, it just may not be enough.
  • coliechacer
    Options
    O yeah i def eat my excersize cal lol Its hard to stay in my calories some days i go over by like 100 or 200
  • ness13hill
    Options
    Keeping going and don't give up....getting weight off takes time! Yes like everyone has said...you NEED to drink more water. Also, are you eating your exercise calories?
  • coliechacer
    Options
    WATER here i come thank you all i hope it works idk if i can drink 8 cups a day but i sure will try
  • mandersen16
    Options
    :cry: Im sorry, I know how you feel. Just keep trying! Maybe you should use more of your cals towards proteins. Good Luck....:flowerforyou:

I agree. I think you also need to look at the types of foods you are eating too. Maybe more protein than carbs.

And also yes, make sure you eat your exercise calories too! You could force your body into starvation mode!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    WATER here i come thank you all i hope it works idk if i can drink 8 cups a day but i sure will try

I hate drinking water too!! What I do is chug a glass of water with every meal.
  • RhondieJFB
    Options
    Hi... Hang in there.
    I hate water too but what I found is... if you put it in the freezer until it just starts to freeze... well for me, I like it better. Water is important because it helps flush your system of the bad stuff. I used to LOVE soda, but you need to remember that soda has ALOT of sugar and the sugar free stuff has ALOT of sodium which makes your body retain fluid.

Is your cycle due? That can make you retain fluid and make it so your not loosing quite yet.

You seem to be doing all the right things with working out and eating, but drink more water. Yes.. water is that important.

Now that your doing everything....hang in there...It's only a matter of time before the pounds start to come off. Honestly... 2 years ago when I was a size 12 I signed up for kick boxing and was going 4 times per week and for 6 weeks nothing came off. Once it started to come off I was psyched. Keep up the great work and don't give in just because you havn't seen the scale move.

As far as your measurements.... just measure the smallest part of your waist for now. If you can measure once a week and you can see your measurment going down, but you havn't lost pounds. Than your still loosing. Remember that the muscle your building weighs a bit more than fat.

You CAN do it!!!!!