Hey, anyone doing the herbalife diet?

Options
Hello everyone, I just got started on herbalife and was looking for others who are on it or have been on it and could tell me about their experiences. And please no hating I know all the facts about herbalife so no need to inform me.

Replies

• melody_powers13
    melody_powers13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    porlowski5 wrote: »
    Herbalife is a scheme a bunch of my friends tried it and you are better off eating real food/save money than eating shakes/lose money.

Like I said already know this stuff, but thanks for the input. BTW I'm getting mine free thus why I'm doing it.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to get a refund? Seriously, it's a scam.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I knew someone who lost 40 pounds on that diet, but that was all they were able to lose
  • krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi I tried about 15 years ago and YES, it did work for me for the SHORT TERM but I couldn't keep paying the monthly bill. $100+ per month. Now I'm more educated and can use MFP to eat anything I want as long as I use the moderation and stay within my daily goal. Exercise, Protein and lots of water have been the best solution for me. Good Luck on your journey. :)
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has been using and selling for a few years now. She swears by it, says it helped her lose her baby weight (which was about 50lbs.) She also exclusively nursed and weighs and measures all solid food she eats. Not sure if its the shakes/supplements or her being conscious of how much food she's eating that helped her lose the baby weight. I tried the three day trial, I lost a few pounds of water weight but wasn't happy with the shakes and provided supplements. I also had a difficult time with the insane amount of water she recommended I drink, well over a gallon and a half a day.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    And please no hating I know all the facts about herbalife so no need to inform me.

Isn't this the one with links to liver damage?

What kind of example do you think this is setting for the little one in your avatar?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    porlowski5 wrote: »
    Herbalife is a scheme a bunch of my friends tried it and you are better off eating real food/save money than eating shakes/lose money.

Like I said already know this stuff, but thanks for the input. BTW I'm getting mine free thus why I'm doing it.

IF you're getting it truly for free, then it's neither better or worse than any other supplement powder/vitamin pill.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just got started on herbalife and was looking for others who are on it or have been on it and could tell me about their experiences. And please no hating I know all the facts about herbalife so no need to inform me.

If you know that it is one of the worst shakes on the market, has been linked to kidney and liver probelms and that herbal life were sued and made to pay 200 million in fines why would you try it?

I can't get my head around that, and you seem to be a parent.

I use shakes when I'm pushed for time and behind my protein goals but I would not drink this stuff if you paid me.
    https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Like I said... no better or worse than average... just as the link you provided demonstrates.
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My SIL and her mom/dad did it for a while, but none of them is still on it. In fact, I'm pretty sure they gained back any of the weight they lost. Plus, they aren't the healthiest options out there. I'd stay away, free or not...but that's me.