Need support/accountability

Options
Last year I was so motivated and was in the best shape of my life. Lately I have been very down and feeling like I am very alone and have no one to help me and go along on my fitness journey. I have put on 20lbs and instead of feeling motivated to lose it and get back where I was, I just continually eat more, I'm lazy and I'm growing more depressed every day. I need accountability and a partner to help me stay on track and be successful.

Replies

• stefkg1699
    stefkg1699 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem! I have gained back 25 of the 85lbs I lost 4 years ago. I need accountability and super, that's the main reason I succeeded before.
    It's so hard...
  • thebejota
    thebejota Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. Took a couple months before I realized I had undone the good work I did from January - March. Today is Day 1 of Round 2 for 2017.
  • Erik_ss
    Erik_ss Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Last year I was so motivated and was in the best shape of my life. Lately I have been very down and feeling like I am very alone and have no one to help me and go along on my fitness journey. I have put on 20lbs and instead of feeling motivated to lose it and get back where I was, I just continually eat more, I'm lazy and I'm growing more depressed every day. I need accountability and a partner to help me stay on track and be successful.

I personally have lost 30 plus pounds since November 2016. This is on the current ketogentic diet. I have lost 50 pounds on the traditional diet. I gained half of it back throughout the past years. I know a few things about losing 20 pounds.
    My first question is, Why would like to lose 20 pounds? What benefits will you gain? You can still be depressed at 20 pounds lighter, bringing you back to square one.
  • susie555sweet
    susie555sweet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here.. need help and motivation. I start off good and tell myself I'm gonna eat right and workout everyday. That last about a day. Today I did good until I got home and grabbed a cookie, then off from there... didn't workout and didn't eat healthy. I'm so mad at myself I do this all the time. I dont know why
  • Erik_ss
    Erik_ss Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Same here.. need help and motivation. I start off good and tell myself I'm gonna eat right and workout everyday. That last about a day. Today I did good until I got home and grabbed a cookie, then off from there... didn't workout and didn't eat healthy. I'm so mad at myself I do this all the time. I dont know why

A dry erase marker, a bathroom mirror, motivational goals(physiological & physical) written on your mirror would be the first steps to your health journey.
  • reginabays
    reginabays Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there...was just down, but now right back where I started 4 weeks ago. I just can't seem to stay on track and eat my health foods when I get home...
  • zenartist24
    zenartist24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I'm working towards losing 15 lbs so that I can feel better. Like many others, I start off well but my 'black and white' thinking kicks in as soon as I have a minor setback, I label myself as a failure, and go back to my unhealthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help keep each other motivated!

Good luck! This forum is an invaluable tool!

Bill