Day "ONE"

Options
I'm excited and ready to shred this weight. Sitting at 265. Goal weight is 190. Looking in the mirror "BRING IT ON"

Replies

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Atta Boy! Whats your plan?
  • island_prodigy
    island_prodigy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO brother! Of course, I'll also be mindful on my diet. Watching my daily intakes. It's tough not eating what I want (I'll admit).
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO brother! Of course, I'll also be mindful on my diet. Watching my daily intakes. It's tough not eating what I want (I'll admit).

You can eat what you want and still lose weight. I recommend a food scale to weigh your intake, that way you can log accurately. Good luck!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Shoot me an add if you like.. I'm here daily and happy to have another on the journey with me.
  • island_prodigy
    island_prodigy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll definitely look into getting a food scale. Thanks guys!
  • NLP6618
    NLP6618 Posts: 6,201 Member
    Options
    You got this!!!! Kick *kitten*!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Add some resistance training in there too- it'll help you retain muscle mass as you diet
  • laceybell29
    laceybell29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same process here , you got this !! I'm eating 1200 calories a day and walking. Gradually progressing to do more fitness lol.
    Stay positive, I'm on week 5 and down 10lbs :)
  • Rufftimes
    Options
    Actually, adding resistance training does way more than just retain muscle mass, it actually helps you burn fat all day long. I did cardio till I wanted to throw up, and yes I did see results, but not nearly as much as when I started doing resistance training! Build that muscle and the fat will go!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Rufftimes wrote: »
    Actually, adding resistance training does way more than just retain muscle mass, it actually helps you burn fat all day long. I did cardio till I wanted to throw up, and yes I did see results, but not nearly as much as when I started doing resistance training! Build that muscle and the fat will go!

That requires a calorie surplus in most instances... Extra muscle does burn more calories though. Retaining muscle whilst dieting is beneficial to keep your calorie requirements as high as possible...
  • Rufftimes
    Options
    Actually, I disagree if you already have extra mass to take off. The changes in my body composition have been great, and you can tell by the pics in my gallery I've managed to maintain and even gain some muscle mass, while maintaining a calorie deficit. My workouts currently consist of three days heavy weight training and three days cardio based. I will likely hit a point where I have to start upping my calories, but right now I'm definitely not in surplus