I need help

Options
Robafet
Robafet Posts: 3 Member
I am now at my heaviest I have ever been. I blame everything else. It is never my fault. I now am going to be responsibe for my actions and accountable to myself. My first step is to ask for help and get some friends to join my journey. Where do I go from here?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more... it really is that simple.

Good luck
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Robafet wrote: »
    I am now at my heaviest I have ever been. I blame everything else. It is never my fault. I now am going to be responsibe for my actions and accountable to myself. My first step is to ask for help and get some friends to join my journey. Where do I go from here?
    • Log your normal intake for a couple of days
    • Review where you are taking in too many calories
    • Make small changes gradually to hit your calorie goal
    • Find some exercise you enjoy
    • Do it
  • bandb678
    bandb678 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with supportive friends
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a brand new start, heres my 2 cents.

1. buy a food scale (the most important tool u'll need.)
    2. set up a profile with an easy goal at first (start with .5 or 1lbs a week for the first 2 weeks to ease ur body into it). MFP will give u a daily allowance so u dont need to figure it out yourself.
    3. log EVERYTHING u eat EVERYDAY
    4. join an online challenge (optional)
    5. ditch any non supportive friends
    6. donate all junk foods (ASAP)
    7. dont tell people that u r trying to lose weight coz most will tell u to EAT MORE (smile n ignore them if they do but do not give in coz u have a goal n they dont)
    8. google search for recipes if needed

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Ella_1997
    Ella_1997 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions.
    I'd also like to add, if you're not comfortable going to a gym right now, buy a workout DVD and exercise at home.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You've made a step forward in realizing that you look outward for the justification/blame for your eating habits. Not falling back into your old mental patterns is going to be a large part of the challenge.

I don't agree with the idea that weight loss is a simple calories in/calories out calculation. It may be true from a physiological perspective but my observation is that people lose weight and gain it back not because they lack an understanding of what they should be doing. They regain because the psychological aspect of weight/food/body image is so knotty and personal and emotionally charged.

I agree with others that the first step to personal accountability is a food scale and brutally honest logging of food and exercise. Resist all short cuts. Also, don't shy away from the mental work of figuring out how you got to where you are with your weight. Figuring that out will help you see your patterns so you can change them. Best of luck.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you know what you need to do. :) Start logging your food. NOW!!!