Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    dls06 wrote: »
    I was always told it was hormonal.

Stevia can have a hormonal effect.
  • vladv
    vladv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post but I thought I'd share my brief experience. I am on day 15 on my keto diet and 5 days ago, I started incorporating stevia into my diet to sweeten my coffee and lemon juice and today I am noticing acne all over my forehead. So just a heads up to all those thinking about using stevia.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    vladv wrote: »
    I know this is an old post but I thought I'd share my brief experience. I am on day 15 on my keto diet and 5 days ago, I started incorporating stevia into my diet to sweeten my coffee and lemon juice and today I am noticing acne all over my forehead. So just a heads up to all those thinking about using stevia.

Going keto is also a fairly significant dietary change for most people. Probably a lot more significant than using a packet of stevia or two. What have you incorporated into your diet as your source of fat? Have you never had acne on our forehead before? Any other new habits? Exercise?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    vladv wrote: »

Going keto is also a fairly significant dietary change for most people. Probably a lot more significant than using a packet of stevia or two. What have you incorporated into your diet as your source of fat? Have you never had acne on our forehead before? Any other new habits? Exercise?

It should also be noted that it takes acne 1-2 weeks to develop. So it's more likely the sweeping change in the diet, than stevia.
  • stantonsanchez
    stantonsanchez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Switched to Zevia (stevia sweetened cola) a few weeks ago and I had the same issue. Painful Acne on my forehead and chin. As soon as I stopped, it started clearing up.
  • stantonsanchez
    stantonsanchez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking Zevia, and my skin cleared up. Maybe not for all, but for some stevia is terrible for the skin.