Hershey's chocolate lovers

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
Maybe it is just me, but if I buy a large Hershey's chocolate, I end up eating the whole thing. I always tell myself to save some but never do. Just found a solution that works for me. I found Hershey chocolate nuggets. I have found I can leave the bag in the refrigerator, take one out, unwrap it and eat it without going back for more. The act of having to unwrap them individually makes me thing twice about eating more than one. Not sure if this will help anyone else, but thought I'd share in case it does.

58qwkh3gpqfm.jpg

Replies

• ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've read about studies that show that people eat less if the candies are individually wrapped! Good on ya. These have been around for a while, but they're pretty good. I also enjoy the snack sized Reese's eggs and pumpkins.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do this with the Organic Ocho from Costco. http://www.ochocandy.com/product-category/pouches/

They are cheap at Costco and come 3 flavors to a bag. So worth it for the little chocolate treat and so much easier to walk away from!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I do this with Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses.............yum!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    I've read about studies that show that people eat less if the candies are individually wrapped! Good on ya. These have been around for a while, but they're pretty good. I also enjoy the snack sized Reese's eggs and pumpkins.

They obviously haven't seen me around a box of Cadbury's Roses or Quality Street at Christmas :lol:

Haha! That's an average, @tinkerbellang83, and doesn't account for holiday snack hurricanes. ;)
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I have good control with Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares.

Yum. Yes. Dark chocolate and mint cold are sooooo yummy.
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do this with Dove dark chocolate squares. I have one usually every afternoon :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »

Not everyone. I can easily eat a bag of Kisses in 2-3 days. Ghirardelli, though, I can limit myself to 2-3 squares.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I surprised myself with discovering that I could have 1 of those mini chocolate candies and survive. Then I further surprised myself with discovering that I didn't need any of them to thrive. Freaky.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I buy dove dark chocolate candies, the individually wrapped ones. I eat 2 every night. I like Hershey's but didn't see the individually wrapped ones
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I do like the individually wrapped items. Anything to slow me down long enough to consider the consequences of eating them :wink:

Those mini Hershey's kisses from the baking aisle are quite difficult for me. No wrappers to slow me down.
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I find Hershey's inedible as chocolate, I just don't get it, it tastes waxy to me. Those ghirardelli bars and squares though, oof, yes please. And if I'm home visiting the UK, I better be careful. Second the Roses/Quality Street vote.

I think as Europeans we might be a little spoiled when it comes to chocolate :smile: I also don't get the Hershey's thing, I'm drawn to Lindt, Milka and the like. My husband likes it, so it may have to do with what you were exposed to growing up.
  • carrieoffen
    carrieoffen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    I do this with Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses.............yum!

Same! Best when frozen!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I surprised myself with discovering that I could have 1 of those mini chocolate candies and survive. Then I further surprised myself with discovering that I didn't need any of them to thrive. Freaky.

Not need chocolate? Does...not...compute

Agreed!!!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you found a solution that seems to be working for you--a bit of chocolate is a perfect treat.

Although I'm with the poster above--Hershey's chocolate has really taken a turn for the worse--it's so waxy now! I prefer the Vahlrona discs from Whole Foods for my chocolate fix!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I buy Hershey Kisses around 22 calories per kiss I can easily fit 4-5 in my day if need kills me sweet tooth
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I find Hershey's inedible as chocolate, I just don't get it, it tastes waxy to me. Those ghirardelli bars and squares though, oof, yes please. And if I'm home visiting the UK, I better be careful. Second the Roses/Quality Street vote.

I was back in the UK a couple of weeks ago. Came home with 15 Double Deckers plus an assortment of Picnics, Topics, Bountys, etc etc.....

One of my happiest moments was when I found out that BJs sell Quality Street in the run up to Christmas.