Couch to 5K SUCCESS! Down nearly 100lbs! (Before & After Pictures)

Options
13»

Replies

• Marjayhan
    Marjayhan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    omg you are amazing and so inspirational!
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome and so healthy and so happy. Be very proud!!!!!! It's hard work and you did it :)
  • Truly303
    Truly303 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started at 282. Got down and was able to stay around 265-272 and was stuck. Now with MPF I'm about to crush the 50lb down! You look GREAT! I hope I look that good when I hit onederland!!!!!
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look GREAT!
  • aec709
    aec709 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You do look great. Reading your story. I am inspired to run another 5K. I did one last summer in 40minutes. I have been walking but running is what really helps me with weight loss. Thanks for sharing. I have a colorun in June. I am also impressed that you didn't let you weight deter you from running. Thanks again. I will start running tonight on the treadmill.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration! Good job on your dedication
  • Hopeiswithme
    Hopeiswithme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    excellent...a true inspiration!!
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! I am 57 days in, and I have lost 33 lbs... Great job. :)
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Way to go!!! Thank you for sharing, what an inspiration!! You wrote that a half-marathon is in your head...you totally can do it!!! Awesome!!!!
  • Butts_Boys_and_Burgers_ohmy
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story! I have thought about downloading C25K but I think I'm too heavy. At one point I had lost 80 pounds, but I've gained about 50 of it back. Your story gives me hope to keep pushing and I will get there!!
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I actually just started C25K on Monday so your story is right on time! Congrats on your success!
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story! I have thought about downloading C25K but I think I'm too heavy. At one point I had lost 80 pounds, but I've gained about 50 of it back. Your story gives me hope to keep pushing and I will get there!!

You should give C25K a shot, you might surprise yourself. It will start you out slowly and you can repeat sessions if you don't feel ready to move to the next session. It worked and is working for me, 35 lbs down in 2.5 months, looking to lose another 30. Good luck in your journey.
  • rebekahchrismon
    rebekahchrismon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just went and downloaded it! Congratulations on your results!
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Cute as can be....and so healthy!
  • HollyMcB
    HollyMcB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shawneelaraye where did you get those knee braces or what brand?
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Just wow! <3
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I wanted to make a short post in between the one I will make when I reach my goal weight.

I am proud of myself.

My highest weight ever was 280lbs. Last summer, in the beginning of August I weighed 266lbs. I decided I wanted to live a long and healthy life. So I started walking. And then I started running. And then also lifting off and on (I want to get more into that!) I now weigh 189 lbs!

I just decided a few months ago that I wanted to start a program to start running longer distances. I've been running on my treadmill. So I downloaded a couch to 5K app! Today, I ran 3.1 miles in 31 minutes!

I am now planning on increasing my speed and running outside instead of on my treadmill since the weather is getting nicer, and then enter a 5K race! And then after that,

10K here I come!

First photo is from last summer. I was around 265-270lbs.

The second photo is today after completing the 5K run! 189lbs.

The third photo is a recent photo of me.

Heck yeah OP!!! thats some great progress.

Now I know we are not all the same but when I finally was able to run consistently for a 5k-10k I found the best way to get faster was doing 200m, 400m, and 800m repeats. Mixed in with some good tempo runs here in there. But those repeats is what will make you like the flash I promise!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    .0thanks for sharing very inspiring. I better go workout now :)
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Impressive!! You did such a great work and you look like a totally different person!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!