Weight loss Plateau

Options
heckjones
heckjones Posts: 11 Member
I understand this happens to everyone but damn it is discouraging. I've been working out and logging everything making sure I keep below my calories and I still am just hanging out around the same weight now. From where I started I lost 15 lbs though. I do not include my exercise calories in my daily allowance either so I'm wondering why I'm not losing at least a pound or two!

Replies

• PackPariah
    PackPariah Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Following for future reference
  • Angela_does_zumba
    Angela_does_zumba Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you been challenging your body with different exercises? Sometimes our bodies get used to whatever stresses you put on it so you have to constantly "confuse the muscles" to really bring results of some sort. As a group fitness teacher, I have to change things up every week for my students so that way they don't feel like they're hitting a plateau. You can do this by increasing reps, weight, etc.

It takes time. :) you gotta experiment with different exercise programs and food eating. See what works fine with your body and what you can be consistent with.
  • heckjones
    Options
    Angela thanks for the reply. Yes I have been changing things up quite a bit more lately! At first like you mentioned I think I was just in a routine so that could probably be part of the problem! i feel like I am getting a lot stronger though so I know something is working just discouraged sometimes when I stay the same weight
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you feel stronger, you may be replacing fat loss with muscle gain.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    How long is this plateau? Do you weigh daily?
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have you been measuring yourself in other ways, like by the inches around your neck/arms/thighs/waist? Fitness isn't always measured on the scale.
    I hope you're able to get over this plateau!
  • NLP6618
    NLP6618 Posts: 6,201 Member
    Options
    I have been sitting on plateau for a month. Time to change things up. Diet or exercise routine. U got this. Keep moving forward!
  • Salecca
    Salecca Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to lose fat or weight? You should track weight, circumference and take photos. They you'll get a true representation. If you've cut calories and kept or increased calorie expenditure you have to be changing
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    dl2dcygltaor.jpg
  • heckjones
    Options
    Salecca wrote: »
    Are you looking to lose fat or weight? You should track weight, circumference and take photos. They you'll get a true representation. If you've cut calories and kept or increased calorie expenditure you have to be changing
    Yeah I'm looking to lose fat and Tone up mostly!
  • PackPariah
    PackPariah Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    dl2dcygltaor.jpg

And now I am glad I did follow :smile: