I'm slowly gaining again??

Options
mariesofi4108
mariesofi4108 Posts: 31 Member
edited May 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hi everyone! I've lost 26 pound in total in about half a year. I'm a 5'6 female. I run about 30 miles a week, and try to eat clean with 1400-1600 calories a day. I used to be around 127, but over the past month I gained a half pound of fat. No big deal, I was stress eating over finals and maybe didn't track as precisely as I thought. However, this week it fluctuated between 128 and 129, and after a binge of 2,000 ish yesterday (we bought groceries for a BBQ today) I weighed in at 130! I know it's probably water weight but I can't help feeling concerned that my weight is going to keep ballooning.... any advice? I don't want to keep slipping :(

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    When you get outside your target range, set a calorie goal that will bring you back down within a week or two.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    2,000 calories isn't a binge, that's going over your target a little bit and causing you to worry too much. Up your workouts a little and get back to your target and you should get back to where you want to be pretty quickly.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Meah, just adjust. It's probably just a couple bags of chips with high sodium caused your body to retain a shwack of water, it will go away.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 133, 40 year old and I walk 10-12k steps a day, maybe run 10-15 miles per week (included in my steps), and my maintenance is 1800-2100 calories per day. I know it doesn't answer your question but your calories seem really low. It could be water weight if your exercising more. I know it's been more humid this last week and I'm up 2lbs.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You are over thinking things, weight fluctuates. It should settle down again in a few days, if it keeps moving up over the next number of weeks that is when you would take action. I think you'll find its just a fluctuation though.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You have very similar height/weight/maintenance numbers as me... Try not to get too worked up. Our weight fluctuates for many reasons. Having a realistic maintenance range can help. Mine is 128-132.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jaimeolive wrote: »
    6 reasons you gained weight:
    acwdzrhcudlg.png

Maybe it is number 6 :#

Or #7 you ate too much.

This infographic is trying to address the quick gains that make everyone flip out.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    At your height and with that much running you should easily be able to eat more than 1600 cals to maintain.

And echoing what everyone else has said.

yea, but she is eating clean, I thought it was impossible to eat clean and gain weight?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    At your height and with that much running you should easily be able to eat more than 1600 cals to maintain.

And echoing what everyone else has said.

yea, but she is eating clean, I thought it was impossible to eat clean and gain weight?

Well then she should be able to eat twice what she is and not gain!!

But in all seriousness, adding my voice to the others who are the same height and maintain on more than that, and I'm much older than you, OP.
  • mariesofi4108
    mariesofi4108 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank everyone, it went down to 128 and up to 130 again lol! And I meet with a nutritionist on a monthly basis and she told me to eat between 1400-1600 to maintain... but I wish I could eat more and not worry about gaining. I'm told my basic metabolic rate is 1310 calories, and I'm at 26% body fat, and my goal is 23%.