Working From Home

Options
Hello all!

I have been doing really well with my eating and exercising which I am really proud of. Tomorrow, I am working from home and am worried that I will fall into old habits (snacking, mindless eating, emotional eating, etc.).

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to get through these situations and keep on track?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Replies

• graydreams
    graydreams Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi Bill, that is great that you are doing great with eating and exercising :) As Sun Tzu says in the Art of War, Know your enemy and know yourself and you will not fear the result of a hundred battles. So maybe you could take some time on thinking about what would trigger you to overeat and see it coming and preempt it with positive self-talk. But if you did eat more than you intended to, that would be okay, to have a cheat day sometimes. Also another thought that comes to mind would be planning a fun activity to look forward to that is unrelated to food, such as a nice walk around the neighbourhood. Positive decisions reinforce each other so that would probably make you feel good that you got exercise and motivate you to be healthy the rest of the day also!!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I work from home 4 days out of the week. I don't fall into that habit because I don't really have food like that in my home. If I want to snack, I chose carrots or airpopped popcorn. I plan hour long walks during my lunch (since I can make lunch while sometimes being on conference calls). I get 10k steps in while stayin within my calories.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Work, just like you do when you go in. No eating allowed aside from planned times.
  • zenartist24
    zenartist24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank, everyone! Your suggestions are very helpful!

• Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I work in a particular area of my house and I do not allow myself (ever, whether I'm working or not) to eat there. So my mind never associates that place with eating! It's a lot harder to not eat when you're working at a kitchen table, for example. Your mind expects food at that place. I hope this helps a bit!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Work, just like you do when you go in. No eating allowed aside from planned times.

^^^ This. When I work at home I keep the same discipline as I do at the office. I dress for work - no pantyhose and heels, but no pajamas. I pre-log my food for the day and that is the food I eat. Keeping the routine helps keep me productive too.

(If you want to wear pantyhose that's OK - no judgement here. ;) )