New to MFP and ready to get moving and motivated

Options
Hey!
I just joined yesterday and am ready to get moving. I am 22 years old and have not been in shape since high school. I have a good bit of weight to lose. I have reached above 200lbs now and am so not comfortable with it. I really need to get myself healthy and in shape before it starts to take a toll on my health. I am a nurse and I should be a good picture of health and I want to be a good role model for my patients. I am looking for motivation and friends to help keep eachother motivated!!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!!

Replies

• kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hey! You have come to the right place to lose weight. You can do this girl!! Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! this site has been such an amazing tool for me i hope it proves to be a great tool for you aswell. I added you so we can keep each other motivated! The more the merrier!
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You know, I LOVE how many people on here are just like me! I'm also 22 and I ALSO have been out of shape ever since having graduated high school. It's amazing how much you gain once out of school isn't it?? Never quite realized how physically active you are when in high school!! Like I was in the marching band and I used to have rock hard calves and thighs...yeah well...not anymore. :P

So if you'd like to add me I'd be more than happy to accept!!! Good luck to you deary and I hope to hear from you soon!! ^_^
  • rei707
    rei707 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just joined last month and I am looking for people with the same goals I do. I'm 27 and a married mom of a 4 yr old boy and a 6 month old girl. I am trying to get rid of baby weight and lead a healthier lifestyle so I can be a good role model for my kids. I've been out of shape since I got pregnant with my son and I'm looking to lose 15 pounds to start with and tone up. Feel free to add me on here. And good luck to you on your weight loss journey. It's tough at first but so worth the benefits you will gain. I guess that's what I tell myself when I want to skip a workout or blow through half my day's calories in one meal!
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    Well congratz in joining. Stay motivated your are welcome to add me for motivation and support.