Why Women Should Lift Weights

Options

Replies

• NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 4 days a week, 1 day of full cardio (I do light cardio to warm up on lifting days), and 2 days of rest... of those 4 days I usually do 2 days upper body (biceps, triceps, lats, traps, delts, pecs *not all on the same day*) and 2 days of lower body (calves, glutes, quads, hamstrings) and 2 days of core work (abs/middle & lower back)... sooooooo... a typical week may look like this....

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Upper Body (half the muscles listed above- depends on what I feel like working)

Wednesday: Lower Body & Core

Thursday: Cardio

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Upper Body (other half of muscles not worked on Tuesday)

Sunday: Lower Body & Core
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I just started incorporating weights and those are the results I am hoping to get. Cardio alone was getting me nowhere now that I am almost down to my goal. Your results are EXACTLY what I want. Strong, healthy, lean, muscle!! And only 3 months! Great job!
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    oh wow! this is really inspiring! :)
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Upper Body (half the muscles listed above- depends on what I feel like working)

Wednesday: Lower Body & Core

Thursday: Cardio

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Upper Body (other half of muscles not worked on Tuesday)

Sunday: Lower Body & Core

How long do your sessions last on average??
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Just what I need to start lifting again! (definitely not my fav thing to do!) :)
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    It usually takes me an hour to go through my weight routine and I do 3 sets of 8 reps... I get in there and bust it out and do a lot in 1 session... I work to failure... my time is precious so I make it worth it.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Great for just 3 months. I agree with the taking photos, especially if you're not trying to lose much 'weight.'
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Nice! I am lifting and my shoulders and arms are looking lovelier each week.
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Good for you! That took a lot of work! I hope to see your progress in the future.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, way to go!

I couldn't agree more. Weight lifting has so many benefits for your personal health and fitness, there is simply no reason not to do it. I lift hard and heavy, and although I still have some weigh left to lose... I'm seeing some really nice definition in my arms and legs. :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'll be posting a more detailed "success story" in a few weeks when I hit my 1 year MFP anniversary on August 7... but here is a side by side comparison of my arms just 3 months apart thanks to lifting weights!

armcomparison.jpg

Well done on achieving your goal. I think your arms looked nicer before, I'd love to have arms like that.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i think the arms look great both ways, but well done. Looking very toned now :)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Strong is SEXY!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options

Well done on achieving your goal. I think your arms looked nicer before, I'd love to have arms like that.

Umm ok, thanks?!? Soft and flabby wasn't my goal though and I am happy that I am achieving the goals that I have set out for myself. Thanks everyone who commented on the amount of work it took to get to this point and I hope you all have continued success on reaching your personal goals as well!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! :)
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump! you're so motivating!!! great job!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    awesome guns! I <3 weightlifting way more than cardio. :D I've seen great results as well, and I'm taking biweekly pics.
  • sparkle327
    sparkle327 Posts: 98
    Options
    Great comparison pics! This just gave me the motivation that I need to get back at it. I can't wait to see your August post!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    great job I just started doing some weight training within the last 3weeks and this is very inspiring :)
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Nice arms...love it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!