5'6" Ladies, what is you weight goal?

Options
Hi ladies, I am 5'6'' and my goal is to be 150, which is the weight that I need to have for a healthy BMI. But i am wondering if i should make it 130, which is what I was when I was in highschool, or i'm just dreaming?

According to the BMI calculatore, the normal range is 116-155. So i'm thinking for shooting in the middle. but if i shoot too low, i don't want to look like I am sick.

What is your goal and how you came up with your number and any thoughts on mine?

Thanks
~Chika

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Right now I"m aiming for 150, and will reassess at that time. I haven't been that little since I was like 14, so I'm not sure what I'll even look like.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    I'm about 5' 6.5" and my goal is to be between 126-133

I was about 127 in highschool and right now I'm 129 and I feel pretty fit and healthy. I just feel confident at this weight.
  • 19zerbrechen63
    Options
    I'm aiming for about 120 lb. right now, but I think I could go as low as 115 lb.
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mine is actually 160. I have a large frame and usually carry a lot of muscle, so I will never be light, even if I manage to look like I am. When I was in my late teens, I was in the best shape of my adult life and I weighed 145. I still had great curves too, which I never want to give up. I figure that since I've had two kids since then and I am several years older, I probably won't be able to get to a lower weight than that and still have good muscles and curves. If I'm a couple pounds over a normal BMI, I am find with that.
  • sasham100
    sasham100 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 130, but I might stop higher than that. I'm young (20 years old) and the last time I weighed 130, I wasn't done growing. I'm not sure what my body will look like at that weight. I think I'll end up somewhere in the 130-140 range. I'm pretty athletic (running a half marathon in November) so a lot of that weight is muscle. It really depends on your frame, how much muscle you have, and honestly, how many calories you are willing to maintain on. Your body might not let you get that low. Get to 150 (a healthy weight) and see if you feel like losing more weight.
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'6"-5'7" and i'm aiming for 140-150
  • califigureeight
    Options
    My initial goal is 185. I remember being a size 9 then. I'm going to post a picture in my profile of me at that weight because it looks a lot smaller than it is. When I showed my kids and a few friends they all said I was too small.

FYI, I'm 225 in my profile pic. Size 14. I maybe be heavy but I love how I carry it.
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Im aiming for between 140 and 150. I think you need to make it what you think you will be comfortable at and can maintain without dieting like a crazy woman for the rest of your life. Good luck!
  • rosadona
    rosadona Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i'm 162 now, but at the beginning of last year i got down to 145 or so and i was feeling great. i've always had hips and a curvier body type, regardless of how fit i am - i think i'd feel awesome at about 135-140.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7" ish, but I am 130, and I think i'm like borderline too thin. When I was 155 people told me I was "skinny". I think 150 is a awesome goal, but you can def. get down to 130 easily. It's all about what you want. I was not happy being 155, but some people liked how I looked. I like my weight better now tho. good luck to you!
  • judyyy314
    judyyy314 Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats, Chika 1978...you're doing a great job! I'm 5'6", 52 years old, and my goal is also 150. I'll never achieve what I weighed in my 20s, so like you, I'm aiming for a healthy BMI. I also didn't want to set an unrealistic goal that would leave me feeling like a failure. Consider your frame (medium, large...) and what would make you feel and look good. I started May 31st, and have lost a pound a week. I'm learning about portion control, but haven't fully implemented the exercise aspect. You are so on track, that I'm inspired! Thanks!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    My goal is 125 but I think I would be happy if I could just get out of the 130's
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I totally forgot to put the picture up but it's in my profile now. At the time, like I said I was 185, and I was 19 and hadn't had any children. I was hippy with nice thighs and a big butt--totally OK with me. At 266, that looks too small and I can't imagine being smaller than that so I'm going to get there and decide. I definitely don't want to be smaller than a 9/10.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    my original goal was 119, but i appear to have gone under it
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 47
    Options
    Chika, I am just about your height and my goal is to maintain between 140 and 150. I don't think it is realistic for me to be below 140. It just isn't my body type and let's face it, I am getting older and I can't have the body I had in junior high. I also am in much better shape now than I was then and I think that is going to make a difference with the scale number.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body frame and how much muscle you have. You would never guess my weight in my profile pic and I am 5'6-5'7" ish. My weight loss goal is 175 maybe 170 but I was told by my trainer to not go too far below that.
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7.5 and weigh 145...I think 150 is a great goal!! it really depends on your frame size..see how you feel when you accompish that and then decide if you want to work on mantainance or go a bit lower!
  • suekitchen
    suekitchen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As many have said it depends on the individual a lot as to what 1lb means to each person.

For me personally I'm doing quite a mix of cardio and strength training, and with no real experience of it before I've got no idea of what an ideal number I'm looking for results wise; I'm more interested in measuring the cm's as they come off!

I discussed my goals with one of the instructors at my gym, stating I would like to lose about a stone (which would take me to 140 on their scales). He said I didn't need to go that low, though, and I can see where he's coming from. Seeing that number alone wouldn't fill me with joy or anything, but getting down a dress size and being able to run for fun with my other half would :)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Right now for 135, close to my original weight.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and currently 188lbs. My goal is 135. After two children, the lightest I've been is 130. That was with 3 hrs of exercise/5 days a week, and not watching what I was eating, which is going to be the key this time around.