ladies: where do you buy your workout clothes?

Options
I'm looking for some technical, flattering, mid-priced clothes for aerobics, weights, yoga, cycling etc. I'd like to spend around $30 per piece.

I find clothes at Athleta, Title 9, REI and they cost around $100 which is so expensive I'm afraid to sweat in them. Or I find clothes for $20 at mall stores and they wear out quickly or don't breathe well. Target is mostly in the right price range, but I feel like there has to be more options out there.

Where do you buy your clothes?

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Costco.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    TJ Max/Marshalls, Dick's, Old Navy, Target, Walmart. I pick by fit, feel and function. I have only paid $$$ for a few jackets/outer layer things for more extreme weather conditions. I tend to actually prefer the paper-thin stuff from Walmart in the summer.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Haha @Lourdesong, that was what I was going to say.
    I have had both bottoms and tops from there that have lasted well over 5 years of going to the gym at least 3 times a week.
    I always have a good selection so I can rotate around. If I find something that fits well, and works for my exercise routines, I buy 3-4 of them.

Cycling, it is well worth investing in a couple of pairs of good quality shorts, but for the rest of what you list- Costco.

Cheers, h.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Amazon, or Dick's if I need something immediately. I'm pretty picky about my workout clothes though, especially sports bras. I like Under Armour for running tights/capris/tanks, Balega Hidden Dry socks, and Panache bras. (Seriously, if you're a DD cup or above, I can't recommend Panache highly enough.) My running shoes are Brooks, in a weird extra wide size that has to be special ordered no matter where I get them--hence the super thin running socks that don't add even more bulk to my already wide feet.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret does make some comfortable durable workout clothes. They're priced higher than you stated but if you catch a sale they'll have something like "buy a sports bra for $25 get tights for $50 (as opposed to the usual $100 I think they charge). Nordstroms "zella" brand is high quality as well and you can DEFINITELY find some good sales on that brand (though I still think sale prices are closer to $50).

I buy sports bras from pretty much anywhere but I buy my tights and shorts from Lululemon and they're super expensive ($100 a pair for tights and I think $58 for shorts). I will tell you though, as someone who trains three hours a day 6 days a week in their tights, I think they're a worthwhile investment if you buy one or two pairs. I have the same pairs of tights I bought three years ago and they still look and feel almost new. I do follow the care instructions to a T though. Other tights i've bought for $50 a pair have had to be replaced in as little as three months so if you look at it that way you're actually saving money.
  • desireewd
    desireewd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fabletics is a great option. All online though, if you prefer to go to a store.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    TK Max
    I refuse to buy from Sports Direct.
  • BurlzGettingFit
    BurlzGettingFit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Old navy is the only place I buy workout clothes from. Cute, comfy, and durable!
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, but I don't usually need anything fancy.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I've been very happy with the clothes I've gotten fro Old Navy. Marshall's and TJMaxx are good sources (nearly all my tennis clothes come from there) but the selection can be hit or miss. If you have an Academy Sports nearby, they have some cute and reasonably priced options as well.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Most of my workout pants are Fabletics (specifically the Rio Run Capri which they don't make anymore) and are several years old and still in great condition. Since they don't make those anymore and I am getting borderline on the size I have been getting the VS knockout crops. I will say they are quite thick so they should last pretty good - original pair is at least a year old.
    They do have good sales - usually in combo with a sports bra which I get since I am a DD and the Incredible bra works really well for me. Just got a couple pair for $35/pair with a combo purchase.
  • lookitsabbe
    lookitsabbe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of my work out clothing from Ross and for shoes Pay less. Its strange to say but Ross has a wide variety of pants and tops to ware. Pay less carries Champion's that are surprisingly vary comfortable to run in. I've had great experience with both stores and hopefully you can too!
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    desireewd wrote: »
    Fabletics is a great option. All online though, if you prefer to go to a store.

I also love Fabletics, the size range is fantastic, I think the quality is great and they have a customer rewards program.
  • nitas_smiling
    nitas_smiling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Target for clothes.
  • ktfranke
    ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Old navy, target & sporting goods stores sometimes have cute stuff! You just have to know what looks good on your body.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Good brands at discounted prices. You have to check them out constantly because the good stuff goes fast.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. $3-$10 per piece for barely used good quality gym clothes. Of course, selection can stay a on any given day, but that's part a of the fun! I check at least once a week to keep up with the ever changing selection.
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Adore me I love the prices and the sizes
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above, another way I shop for athletic wear is looking at the clearance racks at the high end places, many times you can find HUGE deals both in store and online in these sections. That way you don't lose quality but can buy it at an affordable price.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I have leggings that I love from Fabletics. They have cute tops, but they aren't good for sweating in especially now that it is summer. I have bought a few pieces for lounging around in just cause they are comfortable and cute.

I needed moisture wicking shorts and tanks for running in and found some on Amazon. Cheap and they are working well.