How to not feel hungry?

Options
Anyone has any tips for 'not feeling hungry' or 'feel more satisfying' after a meal? I understand calorie deficit is the key to lose weight, so I've been trying to do intermittent diet which I find it easier to cut down some calorie. But I feel more hungry and less satisfying even though my calorie count was still high (not as high as before). And I tried my best to eat mostly healthy things, as little refine sugar as I can, no carbs, mostly protein or veggie...etc. please help! I need some tips!!!

Replies

• DeanneScott2
    DeanneScott2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No carbs? That would be my guess why you might be hungry. I keep my calories to 1200 a day, but do eat carbs so don't feel hungry on that amount. Having oats for breakfast really holds off my hunger.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much fat are you eating? Usually low carb means high fat and moderate protein.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Following for tips as well. I don't know how long you've been doing this, but your body's going through a big change. Don't totally cut out one food group, though. Some carbs are good, but I understand because I love carbs too much, and it's hard to limit for me.
  • HaoKaren
    HaoKaren Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How much fat are you eating? Usually low carb means high fat and moderate protein.

Yes. I've only been trying very low carb and high fat and protein for about 3 weeks. Same time as I started intermittent diet. I haven't yet found a diet that works for me, as in I wouldn't rebounf or fall of the wagon. So far I like this low carb/high fat thing, but just couldn't keep calorie down.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    HaoKaren wrote: »

Yes. I've only been trying very low carb and high fat and protein for about 3 weeks. Same time as I started intermittent diet. I haven't yet found a diet that works for me, as in I wouldn't rebounf or fall of the wagon. So far I like this low carb/high fat thing, but just couldn't keep calorie down.

have you tried just eating things you like in portion sizes that put you in a deficit.

you don't have to intermittent fast or low carb or high whatever, you just need a calorie deficit.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary?

it might be that you have picked a weight loss goal that has resulted in an overly aggressive calorie goal and you might be better with something a bit less
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats? i.e. height, current weight, age, gender, and weight loss goals?

There are many possibilities here. Maybe your goal is too aggressive, maybe you could use more exercise to allow yourself to eat more (that's what I do and it works for me...) If you are trying to lose 2 pounds per week right off the bat and you're used to eating a lot more, you'll feel hungrier.

But it's really hard to answer your question without more context.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Bulk meals with veggies, eat high protein, and have hot beverages or broth before meals.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Pay really careful attention to which foods make you feel full after you eat them. Pay attention to which ones that don't. Eat mostly the former, fewer of the latter.
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Chug carbonated water like no tomorrow.

Some feelings of hunger is normal when dieting, if you were used to eating 2500 now you are on 1500, yes you will be hungry until you are used to eating less. Keep yourself busy so you don't think about it.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I did a lot of analysis on what my true hunger signals were and what was boredom eating. If I felt hungry I would get up and walk around or get engaged in some activity and check 10-15 mins to see if I was hungry or not.

I developed a habit of drinking 16 oz water 30 mins prior to every meal.

I became very conscious of bad habits such as eating from the bag. I plate/bowl a serving size and walk away.
  • garnetann2014
    garnetann2014 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    cheldadex wrote: »

Some feelings of hunger is normal when dieting, if you were used to eating 2500 now you are on 1500, yes you will be hungry until you are used to eating less. Keep yourself busy so you don't think about it.

Why would carbonated water be better than regular water?
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    cheldadex wrote: »

Why would carbonated water be better than regular water?

The bubbles expand in your stomach making you feel full.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I always feel more satisfied after eating carbs. I tried low carb once and felt like dog-plop. What works for me is eating every couple of hours and stretching my calories that way. I don't get overly hungry very often, which is good- because that is when I make bad food choices. I get light-headed, nauseous and MEAN when I'm overly hungry. So, I eat a small bfast/coffee, snack, small lunch, snack, dinner, snack- every day. Some people prefer to have 2 or 3 bigger "meals," some people prefer to eat one time per day... Everyone is different. I've lost 36 lbs since mid-late Feb, so it works for me!

This happens to me also.

OP, you need to figure put which macro combination and timing work for you.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'd like to reiterate the advice on bulking a meal out with vegetables. When I first tried to do this, it didn't work for me but then I literally doubled the portion size of vegetables and now it does. I pile my plate with brocoli, carrots, peas, spinach and runner beans and am no longer physically hungry while eating in a deficit. Mentally hungry though is a different matter!