Calorie counting to carb counting??

Options
mehreen_xo
mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
Hey guys I'm so confused with the different things I read online, some promoting counting carbs and some promoting counting calories for fat burning. I have lost 47lbs over 6 months solely on calorie counting so I know it works. However I have hit a standstill for about a month and a half and I'm thinking if I should count carbs... I've read that having carby meals and snacks throughout the day keeps your insulin level high and stops fat burning.. is there any truth in this? I have posted the same question in another group but thought I'd post in the nutritional posts as most of you guys will know! Thank you :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight, you're eating more than you think. It has nothing to do with carbs.
  • mehreen_xo
    mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you aren't losing weight, you're eating more than you think. It has nothing to do with carbs.

/\/\/\This/\/\/\
    Is it possible you've become more relaxed with your weighing / measuring? Or you splurge more often these days, maybe? Also, the more weight you lose, the slower it's probably going to come off (the closer you get to goal.)

Not so relaxed on weighing and measuring but I would definitely say I splurge more often (and sometimes don't log the little treats lol!) because I'm a lot more comfortable with my weight lol... hmmm maybe I need to re-evaluate thank you!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    mehreen_xo wrote: »
    Diem78 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

/\/\/\This/\/\/\
    Is it possible you've become more relaxed with your weighing / measuring? Or you splurge more often these days, maybe? Also, the more weight you lose, the slower it's probably going to come off (the closer you get to goal.)

Not so relaxed on weighing and measuring but I would definitely say I splurge more often (and sometimes don't log the little treats lol!) because I'm a lot more comfortable with my weight lol... hmmm maybe I need to re-evaluate thank you!!

There's your answer.