praying this works

Options
I'm new here tonight after having the site recommended by some FB friends. I don't have a lot of motivation about losing the weight I've packed on and I'm praying this will kick me into high gear and work. Fingers crossed....:smile:

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    hello and welcome.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm a 41 year old work in progress so add me if you like!
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • ShanaDarling
    Options
    Hi and welcome! :)

This is an awesome site/community if you're looking for motivation and support. The best thing to do is to get to know people who also use MFP and track everyone's success~! What also helps is if you have a smartphone, there's an MFP app that's suuuuper handy!

I hope you enjoy your stay here and if you'd like to friend me, I'd be happy to have you and help motivate you! :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Debi,, welcome :flowerforyou:
    First think positive a change of attitude can
    make or break your goals :)
    This site is awesome YOU can do this and there
    are tons of support here to help you.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.
    Don't stress about not having the motivation, just start logging your food and exercise and you might be surprised to see where you end up... 6 months here and I'm 40 pounds lighter!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! You must have some motivation because you took your first step here!! Glad you made that step!
  • joannepapas
    joannepapas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and I know exactly how you feel! I have lost the belief in my self too. It is probably the biggest thing we need to remind ourselves everyday. The fact that we do have the power to make it happen. We have to be accountable to ourselves for ourselves. We decide what to put in our mouths and whether we decide to excercise or not each and every day. Good luck to you. Wishing luck to me too! :) I have put in a friend request to you. Not sure how much weight you are looking to lose, but I will be here for awhile. I am hoping to lose 115 lbs! And I am promising myself to believe in myself each and every day...and to actually use the tools that are available.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    first thing you need to do is look at the success stories on here! Unbelievable! Whenever I get down I browse through them and it keeps me going. Good Luck and add me if you would like!
  • LindaNiazi
    Options
    Welcome! I am a certified personal trainer and I've been helping my clients lose weight through this site. If you need some guidance check out my site, add me as a friend, and use me as a resource as needed.

:)

Best,
    Linda

www.allybod.com
    blog: http://allybod.blogspot.com
  • sbrown44
    sbrown44 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new as well, just started a few hours ago. I love the warm responses from people. I'm 44 looking to get in better physical shape. You can add me if you want. I need all the motivation I can get.

Sheryl
  • MrsIMGrateful
    MrsIMGrateful Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I joined two weeks ago and I've lost about 4-5 lbs already. It works. I'm motivated too.. :)
    Glad to see you here.

SW: 211
    CW: 208
    GL: 160
    :smile:
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    A warm welcome to you. You've made the right decision to check out MFP. I started in May of this year & have lost between 27 & 30 lbs. There is so much support & motivation here. MFP is giving me back my life. Like you I felt I had no time for me, everyone else came first. But, I realize if I don't take care of me now, I won't be around for everyone else. Good luck. You are in the right place. Sending you a friend request. Have a great one.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    You can do this! Welcome to MFP :smile: