Home workout buddies to share ideas and help keep motivated

Options

Replies

• newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Are people doing 30 day shred daily even with weights? Or do you skip a day between sessions? I'm getting bored and need to switch up dvds.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Are people doing 30 day shred daily even with weights? Or do you skip a day between sessions? I'm getting bored and need to switch up dvds.

I did it daily for a while since the weight are so light but with the modifications I have to do for my back I wasn't finding it challenging enough so I am only doing it one or 2 days/week with other stuff mixed in. Alternating 30DS with a kickboxing or other more pure cardio dvd is a really good idea. Maybe even put some yoga or Pilates in there too since her cool down stretch is pretty stingy.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I love fitness blender ideas with kettle bells, any suggestions for similar? I love gym classes,but moved house and none are available at a time I can go due to looking after my kids. So I'm trying a 6.30 home workout everyday instead. I like weights and have 20lbs at least to lose (well relose, I lost it last year but gained due to moving and other stress)
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I hope I can join your group and check in daily as I am also looking for at home workout buddies to help support and motivate me. I work from home so the only time I get a chance to work out is early in the morning when the kiddos are asleep. I get an average of 5 hrs a day to sleep but I am not making excuses this time to get my wo in. Had terrific results many times doing Beachbody home work out from prior pregnancy but with this last pregnancy I can't seem to stay consistent now my youngest is almost 2 and I seem to be stuck. I just recently re-committed on 4/17/18 to get back in shape. I have stayed consistent for the last 30 days without missing a workout and hopefully with the motivation here will keep me going to my goal and beyond. My current workout is an insanity and Les mills pump hybrid. My goal is to lose 30-40 lbs. this time I will not base only on the scale alone but overall progress. Sorry this is a tad long.

Today's wo pump revolution and beast abs
    Sw 156 4/16/17
    Cw 150 5/17/17
    Gw 120

Judi
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Today: insanity fast and furious, walk at lunch, weights. I am in the weight room 45-55 min but only log 12-15 min active lifting. It seems strange to have such a discrepancy between my watch timer and actual time in the gym. Does anyone else do this (only count active lifting)? I did squats, bench, rows, hip thrusts, ohp, good mornings, hanging leg raises, and pull ups.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Popping in, been busy. Monday I did yoga, Tuesday I did BABB Arms and an hour walk nothing yesterday got a massage for my birthday. lol
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Today: insanity fast and furious, walk at lunch, weights. I am in the weight room 45-55 min but only log 12-15 min active lifting. It seems strange to have such a discrepancy between my watch timer and actual time in the gym. Does anyone else do this (only count active lifting)? I did squats, bench, rows, hip thrusts, ohp, good mornings, hanging leg raises, and pull ups.

I usually do my weights in circuits so I am active the entire time. Granted I'm not doing super heavy weights yet and plan the circuits so that I don't have to change any setting on anything until the next circuit so that helps. My husband's style is close to yours so it seems to be pretty normal.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Oh yeah...today is rest day so just a light walk and some Pilates for stretching.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    I love fitness blender ideas with kettle bells, any suggestions for similar? I love gym classes,but moved house and none are available at a time I can go due to looking after my kids. So I'm trying a 6.30 home workout everyday instead. I like weights and have 20lbs at least to lose (well relose, I lost it last year but gained due to moving and other stress)

I scour Pinterest for ideas and then write my own workouts. I posted my workout from yesterday on page 2 of this thread - it has a KB circuit you might like.
  • Judikim118
    Options
    Today was week 4/day 1 of insanity pure cardio and cardio abs
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

I usually do my weights in circuits so I am active the entire time. Granted I'm not doing super heavy weights yet and plan the circuits so that I don't have to change any setting on anything until the next circuit so that helps. My husband's style is close to yours so it seems to be pretty normal.

I actually do my heavy lifting in circuits as well. I walk around and change plates between lifts and circuits, not much sitting/resting. Ex: squat 145 5 reps, bench 100 5 reps, 5 sets total before switching sets or lifts.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just started the Strong Curves home body weight lifting routine. Today I'm going to do Day B (week 1-4) which includes negative chin-ups. Does anyone use Lifeline Jungle Gym XT ?
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Checking in today, got in 2 miles doing intervals, 5min warm up then jogging on 1min off 3min. I am determined to be able to run without my shins killing me! Today was better...the stretches are starting to help the tightness!

*ETA: Yesterday I forgot to post but I did same walking intervals for 1.5 miles + resistance band upper body work out x 2 sets:
    12reps bent over rows
    12 reps front raises
    12 reps lateral raises
    12 reps bicep curls
    12 reps overhead tricep extensions.

I just bought a new set of bands online with higher resistance as this is getting a little easy at this time. My band currently is a 5-8lb.
  • Judikim118
    Options
    Les mills Pump and shred and beast abs
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    30 day shred level 2 plus 15 min on the treadmill
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I ran and walked for a total of 4 miles after work yesterday. This morning was Turbo Jam.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Did 2 hours walking this morning to do my shopping (2 hours net, subtracting time for browsing bookstore, waiting in cashout lines, etc). Yesterday, I did an hour on the fitness glider and about 40 minutes worth of lower body and core strength training, plus warmup and stretching
  • Judikim118
    Options
    Insanity power cardio resistance this morning
    Just when I felt my progress was slow.
    No yoga pants today. I am able to fit into one of my jeans. I recall last month they wouldn't go up my thighs.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Today I did rockin'body, yoga, and walked my dogs. I might go do something else...
  • teach0722
    teach0722 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I work out using dvds at home. Currently I'm doing Turbofire and love it. Feel free to add me for support!!!