Butter vs. No Cal Spray

Options
2»

Replies

• SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options

If you consider expeller pressed soybean oil to be healthier than butter, by all means....eat away at this stuff. It's amazing how the notion of saturated fats being evil is so deeply ingrained. Never mind that there are many different types of sat fats, several of which do some very good things to do the body.

I never said butter is the healthiest food on earth. Just saying that the product you linked is margarine...plain and simple. No need to get so defensive about it.

I just don't differentiate. Butter, margine, sprays, whatever... which is why I called it butter. Ha, I really (really) don't care if its butter or margarine (yes, I know butter comes from a cow - I'll sign up for the food police test next week). I was defensive when I was called misleading after I linked 2 nutrition labels. So apologies for the defensiveness. The bottom line is that the OP had a question and I was attempting to give her another option that I think is fine. We all have a different opinion and thats OK as long as we're eating healthy and working out. For instance, I wouldn't eat from a taco truck on a regular basis while trying to eat healthy and you might, but thats OK!

I am peacefully bowing out of this now...
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    For instance, I wouldn't eat from a taco truck on a regular basis while trying to eat healthy and you might, but thats OK!

I am peacefully bowing out of this now...

Haha! Touche! :smile:
  • Gsc122
    Gsc122 Posts: 36
    Options
    I personally would stick with real butter. Margarine is only a molecule different that plastic. Margarine won't draw flies if left out for days in the heat. If a nasty fly won't eat it, I don't want to put it in my body. Just sayin'.
    I dunno if I'd base my food choices based on what flies eat. Mainly because there's some heaping piles of stuff in my back yard that they love.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I use both because I'm not an alarmist organic snob. :)