Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

weighing in

What time of day do you weigh yourself?

What do you think is the best time and why?

Replies

• ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    edited May 2017
    I've been told its first thing in the morning before food/water and after using the toilet.

Personally unless your schedule changes a lot from week to week so long as it's at the same time every day/week that's fine for tracking weight loss for me so I do it as soon as I get to the gym.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I weigh in the AM, after using the facilities, before eating or drinking anything. I figure it eliminates as many variables as possible.
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    same here
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    First thing in the morning naked and only weigh in once a week. My body always seems to gain on the 5th or 6th day of the week... no idea why. Then it drops back down by the end. So if I weigh every day I lose motivation. But once a week is great.
  • crabtasticshrimp
    crabtasticshrimp Posts: 21 Member
    Ok thank you.
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    Every morning after getting out of bed and using the bathroom.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Same as the posters above.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Same as above, although I usually weight a half dozen times thoughout the day to note fluctuations due to intake, sodium/etc
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    once in the morning when i get up. i only log it once a week.
  • 1reason2live4
    1reason2live4 Posts: 13 Member
    Really got tired of the fluctuations if I weighed myself too often. I now weigh and log myself on the 1st and the 15th of the month. Much less drama.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Same as everyone else... In the morning, after I've peed and before eating. Only once a week.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    I don't really like doing it in the morning because I'd rather have some food in me, surprisingly.
    I usually do it at about 10 pm, always right before my workout.
    I keep the timing consistent day by day.
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    Same time every day. Frequency depends on your tolerance for variances that are totally normal, but sometimes frustrating. I like daily, but don't get too high or too low unless a trend appears for 2 weeks or more. Bodies vary, nothing we can or should try to do about that.