Getting married and have a goal to lose 20lbs in 4 months

Options
2»

Replies

• Knbeet
    Knbeet Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok so first official weigh in with you guys. Starting 179.5. I felt like I was really good this past two week and I gained 2lbs. What the heck!!!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Knbeet wrote: »
    Ok so first official weigh in with you guys. Starting 179.5. I felt like I was really good this past two week and I gained 2lbs. What the heck!!!!

could be water weight,depending on if you took in more carbs,sodium,that time of the month is close,or if you upped your exercise. weight loss is not linear, sometimes your weight will go up(again depends on whats going on with your body and food intake/waste out),sometimes it will go down and sometimes it will stay the same. weight fluctuates hr to hr,day to day.also with so little to lose if you you have to be meticulous in your logging and intake.
    so if you arent weighing everything on a food scale,and using cups for liquids then it could be you are eating more than you think which is easy to do(you dont say if you weigh or what your calorie goal is). you can either drink more water and wait a few days and see if you lose again,you could up exercise(but that will cause more water retention),weigh everything and use correct entries and give it a week or two and see if it goes back down to where you started(or less). or eat less calories(not advised if it puts you under 1200 calories net)
  • Knbeet
    Options
    Have a great week peeps!!!
  • Knbeet
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow ... fingers crossed!
  • Knbeet
    Options
    177.5. Down 2lbs. Good luck to all of you this weekend.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    If you are disciplined then this is completely attainable.
    Anyone can lose an average of 1 to 2 lbs per week if you actually do what is necessary instead of making excuses.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    If you are disciplined then this is completely attainable.
    Anyone can lose an average of 1 to 2 lbs per week if you actually do what is necessary instead of making excuses.

yeah they can if they have the weight to lose at those rates. 1-2 lbs for someone with less than 25 lbs is not attainable and not healthy to do.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    yeah they can if they have the weight to lose at those rates. 1-2 lbs for someone with less than 25 lbs is not attainable and not healthy to do.
    I do not agree that someone losing what averages to 1.5lbs a week is "not attainable and not healthy to do".

I know people who have lost much more weight in less time and they are in better health and more physically "fit" than probably 90% of the people on here who respond like they are experts, but I am not going to debate this with you.
    It is not uncommon for wrestlers to cut a pound or two in a matter of HOURS, but they are used to hard work.

I will say I don't ever recommend trying to cut on diet alone, and especially at a rate of more than 1lb per week.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    I do not agree that someone losing what averages to 1.5lbs a week is "not attainable and not healthy to do".

I know people who have lost much more weight in less time and they are in better health and more physically "fit" than probably 90% of the people on here who respond like they are experts, but I am not going to debate this with you.
    It is not uncommon for wrestlers to cut a pound or two in a matter of HOURS, but they are used to hard work.

I will say I don't ever recommend trying to cut on diet alone, and especially at a rate of more than 1lb per week.

them cutting weight in hours is water weight, its not fat loss. not the same thing at all.the less weight/fat you have to lose the harder it is to lose in a healthy manner.we are tying to help people do things in a healthy way not in an unhealthy manner. you dont have to debate anything with me.1.5 lbs a week is fine for someone with more than 50 lbs to lose. not 20 or less. losing weight too quickly results in loss of lean mass,That has been proven. But if you want to believe that its healthy then thats your choice.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    WTG! @Knbeet

I'm down another 2 lbs too! Finally feel like things are moving for me!