Bloated

Options
So I'm sticking to my calorie intake but sometimes I just feel bloated and when I eat a lot my stomach purges out... I don't know if everyone is like that but mine can get really big, what can be the reason of my stomach doing this? I'm not stuffing myself silly, so why does my stomach still feel bloated?

Replies

• missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Fruit vegetables, all balance. Lately a few small pieces of banana bread my everyday oatmeal, cream of wheat. Salmon and rice...
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I find eating wheat does that to me. I love oatmeal, but can only eat once or twice a month.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Food baby? Are you already very slim? There could be an element of food intolerance adding to your bloating, otherwise it's just a matter of the food you ate has to go somewhere and if you're very slim there's nowhere for it to hide.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Could just be normal water retention, could be a food sensitivity. Use the notes section of your diary in MFP to track when it happens and you might be able to see if it corresponds to a certain kind of food or a certain time of month.
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It's usually the combination of fiber + fructose
  • missdelainie
    Options
    Ya I'm like 5"2 1/2 weigh between 107-112
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Gassy? Try gas-x?
  • Emmadafodillon
    Emmadafodillon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time, every day, regardless of what I eat. However if I do eat an extra large meal my stomach can expand so much that I look pregnant. Last time it happened my Mother was actually convinced I was around 4 months gone... I have tried lots of different diets to control it but nothing worked. I have now accepted it :)
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when I'm de dehydrated. I do my best to drink 75oz of water a day.

Also simply keep in mind that when you eat, your stomach is going to expand. Your body can change so much in a day. Don't hate it, appreciate it. :)
  • manwaffles
    manwaffles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Are you pooping regularly? irregular digestion is the obvious culprit. Have you recently increased your protein intake? That can easily result in some irregularity and cause bloat.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Lots of fiber and carbs does this to me. Grains, starches and fruit especially. So I don't eat 'em.
  • missdelainie
    Options
    manwaffles wrote: »
    Are you pooping regularly? irregular digestion is the obvious culprit. Have you recently increased your protein intake? That can easily result in some irregularity and cause bloat.
    I poop 1-2 times a day lol
  • missdelainie
    Options
    Last night I woke up in my sleep and felt bloated and this morning it went down a bit?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time, every day, regardless of what I eat. However if I do eat an extra large meal my stomach can expand so much that I look pregnant. Last time it happened my Mother was actually convinced I was around 4 months gone... I have tried lots of different diets to control it but nothing worked. I have now accepted it :)

Same thing happens to me no matter what i eat. I've gotten the sideway glance from my hubby when I'm lying on the couch rubbing my food "baby" at the end of the day. He's had a vasectomy, so it's a rather accusatory glance lol