How to calculate macros

Options
Hey guys, so I'm kinda stuck right now. I've been trying to track my macros and have been doing it for a week or so and it's been great! But I just did some more research and watched some YouTube videos and apparently with my current macros I won't loose any fat... So Im a pretty small person I'm only 5'1 so my TDEE is only 1319. So people said I should reduce my calories by 500 but I don't think I should be eating 800 calories a day that just seems crazy and I want to be realistic. My current macros are 104 protein 119 carbs and 53 fat. What should I do to fix this??? lol I don't want to starve myself

Replies

• tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You dont lose fat from macros, you lose it from maintaining a calorie deficit, eating less then your tdee.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    You might be confusing BMR with TDEE.
    The second includes all your movement, exercise, digestion, talking, thinking etc.
    It is very unlikely yours is 1310.
    It is very likely your BMR is 1310.
    The deficit has to be made from the TDEE which is higher than your BMR.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It's your calorie balance that determines weight loss - not macro ratios. If you are in an energy deficit you will lose fat (it's your major store of energy).
    You must be watching some pretty awful YouTube videos!

As you are petite and look pretty slim already then yes you should aim for a small deficit from your TDEE.
    Or alternatively use the MFP eat back exercise calories method if you prefer a variable daily allowance rather than a set number every day.