Not seeing results

momoisgorgeousss
momoisgorgeousss Posts: 40 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone!
I have been working out for around 2 months now. 5 days a week, (some weeks 4) for 25 minutes. I do kettle bell workouts and ab workouts. I don't count my calories, but try my hardest to eat clean. (No soda, wheat bread, organic food, minimal sweets, etc.) I know I eat somewhere around 2000 calories a day, (when I used to count that's where I landed around) and my maintain is 1700. I don't necessarily want to 'lose' weight, I just want my body to be firm and toned. I feel as if what I'm doing isn't working, I feel like I'm not seeing any results, and I've gained weight. I probably weigh 116 now. Here are my progress pictures. From day 1 to day 56! What am I doing wrong? Do you see a difference? Thanks! (Second picture says weight unknown because my scale ran out of battery lol) d22s5nce0ldb.jpg
aieqqz51bri2.jpg

Replies

• shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    First, what results are you expecting? Weightloss? Second, two pounds of gain, especially for a lady is nothing to be concerned about. That's 32 ounces and can easily be accounted for by plain old daily fluctuations. It could even be due to your added weight training and water retention in your muscles as they heal themselves. You look great, keep up the good work!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Your tracking your weight, but not your calories. Does not compute.
  • momoisgorgeousss
    I think your issue is that you're not tracking your calories. You can exercise and eat "clean" all you want but if you're taking in more calories than you burn then none of that matters in terms of weight loss.

Start doing that, continue with your workouts and see where you are this time next month. I'm sure you'll start seeing a change.
    First, what results are you expecting? Weightloss? Second, two pounds of gain, especially for a lady is nothing to be concerned about. That's 32 ounces and can easily be accounted for by plain old daily fluctuations. It could even be due to your added weight training and water retention in your muscles as they heal themselves. You look great, keep up the good work!

Hey guys! Thanks for the quick response :) I just edited my post and added a bit more detail! I know I take in somewhere around 2000 calories per day, and my maintain is 1700. With exercise (since I do minimal cardio) I burn around 80-100 calories, so not much. Also, I don't necessarily want to 'lose' weight, I just want my body to be more firm, and toned.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    You do look leaner in the new photos. It seems like you are recomping, so keep in mind progress will be slower. It can take months to years. Just keep at it.
  • momoisgorgeousss
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    I have been working out for around 2 months now. 5 days a week, (some weeks 4) for 25 minutes. I do kettle bell workouts and ab workouts. I don't count my calories, but try my hardest to eat clean. (No soda, wheat bread, organic food, minimal sweets, etc.) I know I eat somewhere around 2000 calories a day, (when I used to count that's where I landed around) and my maintain is 1700 I feel as if what I'm doing isn't working, I feel like I'm not seeing any results, and I've gained weight. I probably weigh 116 now. Here are my progress pictures. From day 1 to day 56! What am I doing wrong? Do you see a difference? Thanks! (Second picture says weight unknown because my scale ran out of battery lol)

That's most likely your problem right there (the bold/underlined). If you think you're eating around 2000 calories and your maintenance is actually 1700, then you're not in a caloric deficit and eating "clean" isn't going to accomplish anything.

What are your goals/what results are you looking for?

I don't necessarily want to 'lose' weight. I just want my body to be more firm and toned
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I think your issue is that you're not tracking your calories. You can exercise and eat "clean" all you want but if you're taking in more calories than you burn then none of that matters in terms of weight loss.

Start doing that, continue with your workouts and see where you are this time next month. I'm sure you'll start seeing a change.

Hey guys! Thanks for the quick response :) I just edited my post and added a bit more detail! I know I take in somewhere around 2000 calories per day, and my maintain is 1700. With exercise (since I do minimal cardio) I burn around 80-100 calories, so not much. Also, I don't necessarily want to 'lose' weight, I just want my body to be more firm, and toned.

A big part of being firm and "toned" is lowering your bodyfat levels. That comes through caloric deficit (eating less than you expend). Think of the difference between a stereotypical powerlifter (high muscle mass, high bodyfat) and a stereotypical bodybuilder (high muscle mass, low bodyfat).

Strength training is a great idea for a lot of reasons, and is geared toward your goal. But until you lose the bodyfat covering the muscles, you don't achieve the firm/"toned" look.

Here's a great read on toning, well worth the time to read it: http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/muscle-tone/
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Two months is not long enough to see massive amounts of progress. I know you want to 'tone up" but are you sure your exercise regime is designed to reach that specified goal?

I would look into tailored lifting plans that will help you achieve what you are looking for.

Eat at maintenance and/or maintenance with a small deficit and lift heavy things. Log your calories. Not logging can put you over cals or under cals on any given day or week in which your calories will be working against you. Use your calories to hit your goals and see progress. Protein is king, so make sure you aim for ample protein goals every day suited for your training

eta: set reasonable expectations as far as time goes for seeing and achieving results, patience and consistency along the way will pay off huge dividends. Good luck.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    Eat at maintenance and get on a solid training program. It can be kettlebells or barbells or dumbbells or calisthenics or whatever you want but you need to have some sort of progressive resistance program. You can get muscle gains while eating at maintenance doing that. You're already light and I see absolutely no need to eat in a deficit. Dieting is not the answer every time a person says she wants to be "toned."
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I forgot to add.. are you taking measurements? If you aren't definitely start.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Is there progression in the Kettlebell routine you are using?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    KB & ab workouts don't tell us a whole lot of what you are actually doing. And for me it's tough to see much of any difference in the pics. If you want to look leaner & have more muscle, your going to need to do some type of progressive overload program and probably eat a little less.
  • momoisgorgeousss
    sardelsa wrote: »

I did take measurements a few weeks ago, maybe 3 weeks, but I haven't taken them again! And also, I started with a 5 pound kettlebell, no weight with abs, and now I use a 10 pound kettle bell, 5 pound with abs. I've only been doing that for about 2 weeks, so I plan on going to a 15 and 10 in probably another 2
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

I did take measurements a few weeks ago, maybe 3 weeks, but I haven't taken them again! And also, I started with a 5 pound kettlebell, no weight with abs, and now I use a 10 pound kettle bell, 5 pound with abs. I've only been doing that for about 2 weeks, so I plan on going to a 15 and 10 in probably another 2

What are you doing with the KB? Just swings? Squats? Presses? Getups?
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Two months is not enough time to see results unless you're eating way under your TDEE. I've been lifting heavy weights for five months and just barely started to see changes in my body after about three months. Honestly, you're not moving enough weight with small kettlebells to see the kind of change you're hoping for. Your best bet to get toned is to cut your caloric intake. Even then, you shouldn't expect visible results for several months.