More than 63 lbs GONE in just over 4 months ~ Lots of Photos

Options
ChelleDee07
ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
edited May 2017 in Success Stories
I have been holding off sharing, but I decided this morning I would share because it is possible someone is needing a boost that my story could provide. I am still a work in progress and have a way to go yet.

I joined a local gym at 10:30 at night on Jan 11th, 2017 after my son insisted I check it out because it was so nice and clean. Before this, I had not even considered joining a gym, losing weight or attempting to improve my health. I had basically accepted the fact that I was going to always be overweight and someday would be the 'fluffy grandma who always had something cooked and ready for the future grandchildren when they came to visit'.

Two days later, I found MFP and have utilized this site every day since. I weigh and log my food. Typically, I am in the gym an average of five days each week for a minimum of 2 hours each day. I started with only the treadmill and bike. Then I started adding the elliptical and stair climber. Eventually I started taking some of the Personal Trainer classes. I have done some strength training, but plan to add more.

In just over 4 months I am down more than 63 lbs. It really is all about eating healthier and less with moving more. You will see the comparison pictures from Mother's Day of 2015 to this Mother's Day 2017... but the weight loss has taken place from Jan 11, 2017 until now. However, the first photo shows the night I joined the gym and an updated picture of me from just 8 days ago.

x1ol92b35afc.jpg
9uk9ye7rn38w.jpg
n77ahokrywsg.jpg
w39556r86dli.jpg

Replies

• tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    You and your buddy both seem like fun ladies! Great work; you look fabulous! Love that top on you!
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Incredible results. Great job.
  • Rangerharms
    Rangerharms Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Rockstar!!!
  • mona52bask
    mona52bask Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look awesome. Thanks so much for sharing. You have inspired me to stay with it.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Rockstar!!!

As are you girlfriend!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Thanks! My buddy is actually my mom. :smiley:

Better yet!
  • mkkhoza1
    mkkhoza1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This. is. wonderful :) Well done...and such an inspiration!
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice job! inspired for sure
  • findingmi
    findingmi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Terrific work! You must be so proud of this amazing accomplishment.
  • Yourrealgem
    Yourrealgem Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    inspiration right there
    Keep up the good work
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You look great and your mom looks like your sister. Y'all are sipping on a bottle from the fountain of youth.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    That's too kind. Thank you! Mama is pretty happy where she is. I am still working at it and have now loss more than 66 lbs.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    If I can do it, anyone can. I know I don't want to ever go back. Still a work in progress, but I'm getting it done.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job!! Beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!