Options
Jmatievich
Jmatievich Posts: 38 Member
Which scale do you use and why. Cost?

Replies

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    just pick one that measures in gram and oz. There are so many out there you can get at like target, walmart, and Amazon anywhere from $10-$15
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive had several. my favorite is an oxo scale with pull out display (makes it easier to see readings when using a large plate or bowl.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    ive had several. my favorite is an oxo scale with pull out display (makes it easier to see readings when using a large plate or bowl.

I just got the 22 pound version of this and i love it. Weighing a full crock pot crock is way easier than having to scoop it out into a bowl (sometimes 2) so it wont overload my scale.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Be sure and get one that uses AA or AAA batteries. These batteries are cheap. My first scale used coin-type batteries and it truly consumed them, with the cost of batteries becoming a substantial downside of my weight loss journey.
  • dashagrr
    dashagrr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Jennings CJ4000 4000g x 0.5g Digital Scale is what I have now, I have been through several digital scales. Accuracy down to a gram is important for me for measuring high calorie items like oil, butter, etc. The ones I bought at Walmart, Target, etc. were not very accurate when I tested by weighing coins. Mine includes AC adapter so I just leave it plugged in. I had it for two years now, still happy with it.