Getting past the taste of reheated chicken!

Options
2»

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I learned to eat it cold. Chicken salads and such.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I eat it cold. I don't like reheated chicken but love it cold. Don't like reheated or cold turkey. My dogs make out on Thanksgiving because of that.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I don't reheat any Meats. It's always seems gross to me.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    CassieR6 wrote: »
    How do yall that meal prep who do chicken daily get past the tasted, smell, and texture it gets once it is chilled in the fridge then reheated? I just can't do it! If there is some trick I would love to know!

Totally agree, I can't stomach it. Therefore, I make my chicken dishes fresh. My meal prep on Sunday for the week are things with ground turkey or lean ground beef, chopping veggies, hard boiled eggs, etc.

• mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can't do reheated chicken or steak. Too gross

Turkey burgers I'm fine with but that all.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Just say no to reheating chicken breast. Trim the fat and skin on dark meat before prep cooking, then add sauce before the reheat to overpower the chicken smell. Buffalo sauce has a strong vinegarish tang but it's one of the better ones at covering it. For texture, toss it on the skillet after nuking.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The smell is from the chlorine. I never could stomach it myself. You really have to douse it with a sauce or salsa to eat it. Lots of good ideas here.