A good blender?

Options
Hi, Can anyone recommend a good blender? I have went through 2 in the last couple months, and need help. I use it mostly to make smoothies. I want one that hopefully isn't too expensive, but am willing to look into anything at this point. Thanks!!

Replies

• arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    Have you tried the magic bullet??? i use mine for smoothies and love it! only takes a few seconds and you can drink right out of the container so it saves on dishes!
  • imgonnadoit123
    imgonnadoit123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I need one too...mine just broke
  • FaithHopeTrust
    FaithHopeTrust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i have one which is also a soup maker... it was about £50 online. im sure theres plenty others.
  • Norma_24
    Norma_24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I bought a ninja not to long ago and I love it! its a little pricey but worth it..
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    It costs...but my VitaMix is built like a tank and has been working great for many years now.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The Vita-Mix isn't cheap, but well worth the money... I think you can drop the cat in there and make a smoothie out of it! We use it for smoothies, soup, sauces, and salad dressings.

They do sell reconditioned ones that are as good as new for a significant savings (that's what we did). These are the ones that their employees use during demonstrations, not ones that people returned.
  • kikirose59
    kikirose59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    After going through two blenders this year, I too bought the Ninja. It's around $100, but worth it so far. I used it to make my Shakeology icecream the other day and the kids loves it.
  • lmtrevin
    lmtrevin Posts: 18
    Options
    I agree about the Vitamix. It is expensive but well worth the money - especially if you have been through a few already. It will liquify anything in seconds! I have had mine for five years.
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just HAVE to put this out there... the BLENDTEC!!! Pretty much the only two power blenders that will be worth your time are going to be either the vita-mix and the blendtec. I use mine every single day! It does not overheat, lasts forever, and will cut up anything you put into it. You can google it and also the differences between the two blenders. It is pricey but WELL worth it. It will pay itself back bc you won't have to keep buying different blenders to keep up. You will fall in love with this blender!!!!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I use a Cuisinart Immersion Blender. I think it cost $50 and I've had no problems with it. I use a plastic pitcher, put all the ingredients in it and then put the immersion blender in and swish...it's all blended no problem. Love it!
  • FatGirlSlim89
    Options
    I just HAVE to put this out there... the BLENDTEC!!! Pretty much the only two power blenders that will be worth your time are going to be either the vita-mix and the blendtec. I use mine every single day! It does not overheat, lasts forever, and will cut up anything you put into it. You can google it and also the differences between the two blenders. It is pricey but WELL worth it. It will pay itself back bc you won't have to keep buying different blenders to keep up. You will fall in love with this blender!!!!

Yeah just youtube 'Will it blend' to see it in action! Pretty expensive but amazing.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I agree about the Vitamix. It is expensive but well worth the money - especially if you have been through a few already. It will liquify anything in seconds! I have had mine for five years.

Yes. Vitamix. Especially good for green smothies, which many blenders can't handle liquifying greens (spinach, chard, kale, etc.)

I also used mine when I did a juicing intensive for three weeks and made 6 quarts a day of green juices and fruit juices - I just strained the pulp out with a nut milk bag.

I've had mine for 7 years, I have used it heavily, never had a problem and it will likely run forever,

You might try looking for one on Craig's list, but if you find one, jump on it, because they go quickly.

I have also heard that Blendtec makes a comparable blender, but I have no experience with it, have not known anyone who used it, so I can't speak to the durability of it.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Don't have one, but heard great things about the Ninja.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Back to Basics Express Blender. Hands down the best one I've ever had. About $30 on amazon. I've had mine 6 years.

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-BPE3BRAUS-Blender-11-Piece/dp/B000GA71PG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311685834&sr=8-1

My mom has a Magic Bullet and it's a piece of crap. To blend you need to align these tiny plastic tabs. I've broken two. And hers leaks out smoothie when it's blending. It holds a small amount of fluid, which is nice if you're making a 6 ounce smoothie, but if you're like me and cram in a lot of spinach, or ice, then you'll quickly overflow it.

Traditional blenders are too big/bulky to wash, unless you're making a family-sized smoothie.

The VitaMix and BlenTec are nice, but I'm not that plush with money.

Not too expensive, perfect for smoothies, blends really smooth, I LOVE it!!!!!!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I bought a ninja not to long ago and I love it! its a little pricey but worth it..

It is pricey but very worth it! I use mine all the time!!!
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well the Ninka is $50 in store at TARGET! and its the same price at the SAMS club! A little research goes a long way!
  • csch79
    csch79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use a KitchenAid immersion blender. I got tired of having to clean the larger blender every day. It came with a fairly tall beaker that I make my smoothie/shake in and then I drink straight out of it.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Oh, as much as I LOVE our Vita-Mix, there's one caveat: You're trading power for quiet, so if you're making your smoothie in the morning before everyone else wakes up, you won't be the only one awake for long!

How loud is it? I was making a smoothie once while on the phone with my mother. She said, "What the heck is that noise? Is there a jet landing in your backyard?"
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Oh, as much as I LOVE our Vita-Mix, there's one caveat: You're trading power for quiet, so if you're making your smoothie in the morning before everyone else wakes up, you won't be the only one awake for long!

How loud is it? I was making a smoothie once while on the phone with my mother. She said, "What the heck is that noise? Is there a jet landing in your backyard?"

LOL, too true.