1234568»

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Calling 14 pounds a stone. WTF.

because 14lbs = 1 stone and some people go by stones rather than lbs.....

Do your scales say stones? Or grams? When does the conversion into stones take place?
    British bathroom scales are mostly in stone and pounds or metric, or both. The dial of a typical old-fashioned scale in imperial measures is graduated in stone, like this:

0 . . . . . . 7 . . . . . . 1 stone . . . . . . 7 . . . . . . 2 stone.

The full stops above represent the pips for each pound increment, and each half-way point 7 would be in smaller print than the other numbers.

dial-of-bathroom-scales-indicating-weight-A2JH6P.jpg

This is a stock picture of a dial with dual markings: metric on one side, imperial on the other. In this picture, the dial is reading 8 stone 10.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Whiny people.

Whiny kids are annoying as heck. My rule, "You whine, you get nothing" . ask in a normal tone and if it's reasonable you get the treat.

Whiny adults are even worse! Every job I've ever had has at least one whiner. Suck it up Sunshine, everything isn't always going to go your way.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Silly things here is a few

-Store bought pie crusts that break before you get them home, you just know the cashier did it
    -Trail mixes never have enough of my favorites in the mix, I end up tossing the rest out
    -Credit card companies sending blank checks with the paper copy of my bills
    -When thunderstorms roll by and cut my power off just enough to stop all the clocks in my house and I have to reset them all
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    When people think everything needs to be done on their schedule and their terms. *kitten* the world does not revolve around you!!

EXACTLY!!!! one of my biggest pet peeves lol it's like hey, sorry, i have a life too - got things to do, bills to pay, work, etc. lol
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    when someone uses up the toilet paper and doesn't replace the roll
    when someone takes the last item (chips, soda, water, cheese stick, etc.etc.) and doesn't see it fit to discard the empty package.
    manipulation and the people who do it for fun
    lying - i hate that.
    clutter
    animal cruelty - even the bible says that we should take care of animals/pets, feed/care for them.
    people that pm you for a 'good time'. move along, pls.
    Extremely needy/clingy people that want to suffocate you. I'm an introvert to begin with. I'm not made for clingy.
    People that just gotta get their two cents in or have the last word.

anyway...lol
  • onlytruemanhere83
    onlytruemanhere83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Idiocy - people who dont want to reach their full potential. Ignorance, lack of mythological grounding in the sub conscious mind, people who have too much empathy, people scared of giving their family some hard truths, people who drink too much, guys who objectify women in groups of other guys to feel safe together, nightclubs, paying for bad food, adults who cant cook anything, social media being used for validation, losers that organise themselves in dominance hierarchies that they know they're the only ones that will be able to get to the top, lists of top movies with huge budget films at the top because they're popular, younger people in my millennial generation who are entitled, the gender non binary debate and the whole gender unicorn rubbish etc...
  • lowil44
    lowil44 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    People who throw garbage out of their vehicle window or clean out their vehicle and leave it at the curb. The world is NOT a garbage can you pigs. Someone has to pick it up.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Uncooperative Chocolate Mini Wheats
  • BeardedTxCowboy
    BeardedTxCowboy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    People stealing tags off mattresses. Its a ****ing crime people!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    country music, especially pop-country

I don't even know why. I usually just tune out any music I don't like. But when I hear pop-country playing a rage builds up inside me, like the Hulk, and I want to punch a wall. The twangier the accent, the worse it gets. The older styles aren't too bad, but some of the more recent pop-country is just terrible. And I'm not even a violent person. I need to leave because it raises my blood pressure. >:)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Uncooperative Chocolate Mini Wheats

There's a story there...
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My gym swapped the male & female changing rooms for a few weeks. Customers were notified by email and plenty of signage. When they were swapped back though there was no email or signage. Quite a number of people went into the wrong changing room - myself included. I was not impressed.
    I wondered if that was why there were 3 staff members watching the monitors of the gym when I arrived that day. Not one of them bothered to tell about the change. Boy did I give the receptionist a dressing down on the way out (I apologized to him later on).
    Supposedly the cameras don't face the changing rooms so they most definitely were not watching clients embarrass themselves.
    Made me super annoyed at the lack of customer service.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    My gym swapped the male & female changing rooms for a few weeks. Customers were notified by email and plenty of signage. When they were swapped back though there was no email or signage. Quite a number of people went into the wrong changing room - myself included. I was not impressed.
    I wondered if that was why there were 3 staff members watching the monitors of the gym when I arrived that day. Not one of them bothered to tell about the change. Boy did I give the receptionist a dressing down on the way out (I apologized to him later on).
    Supposedly the cameras don't face the changing rooms so they most definitely were not watching clients embarrass themselves.
    Made me super annoyed at the lack of customer service.

But why did they switch rooms in the first place? :o
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I think the female changing rooms contain the plant room and there was work being done. I'm told it happens a few times a year. After I let rip at the receptionist I'm guessing they will let us know next when it reverts back.