Bread Is The Enemy

Options
I've always known this, but today at work, I had a conversation with myself and finally admitted that I have a REAL PROBLEM. I'm addicted to bread. The conversation went like this...

Self1:"You don't need those tasty kings hawaiin rolls."
Self2:"They're only 100 calories a piece. Go ahead, have two."
Self1:" So what! There is fruit right beside it, go for the fruit! You already ate a half loaf of bread from longhorn steakhouse today!"
Self2:"Get the fruit and the rolls, that way it balances out."
Self1:"Wowwwww, the lies you tell yourself just so you can have bread. You should be ashamed!"

Needless to say, I ate both and I know it doesn't "balance out" but I have a real problem. I am ADDICTED to bread. Does anyone have any advice for me to help curb this problem? Anyone else have the same addiction? I know for a fact that I'd be much more successful on my weight loss journey if I had more control over the bread problem. I'm on the verge of just cutting it out all together because I can't seem to set limits. Please help me.

-Bread Lover

Replies

• brodiez
    brodiez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup I love it too, I have limited myself to homemade or artisan bread, it's well made but even then I find it hard to resist toasting it, with butter and honey. I am going to try and leave it as a treat for weekend but I have a hubby and daughter with very high metabolisms and boy can they eat
  • mtek94
    mtek94 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Buy high protein bread
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    Options
    I would limit the bread to one serving a day. I don't recommend cutting it out completely. It would only make you crave it more and end up going on a crazy bread-fest. That's what happens to me anyway. :blush:
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I once ate an entire tray of kings hawaiian rolls by myself in one sitting,with nothing on them_they're so delicious! I couldn't control myself with them at all_i switched to Sprouted grain bread for everyday use _and now only buy the Kings for special occasions :blush:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yeah bread is my weakness. Especially homemade with butter.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bread and cheese my weaknesses. Eat them reasonably and they are just fine.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I learned to eat it reasonably as I refuse to cut anything I love out of my diet.

King's Hawaiian Rolls with spinach dip... mmmmmm.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sara Lee makes 45 calorie a slice bread, which makes it so bread fits into my daily caloric intake. There are certain foods that I can't stop eating...Cheez-Its, warm french bread and butter, soft oatmeal cookies. So I just stopped buying them and step away from them at parties. It really is a whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing. It's easy enough to say "well, just eat a little" but the mind is tricky and will try to rationalize all sorts of things to get you to cave in. If I do let myself have a treat, I make sure it's not when I'm ravenously hunger but just mildly hungry. It makes a huge difference.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've never been a bread person. Not even sure when the last time I had bread was. But I LOVE pasta! I still eat it most days, but I keep it within calories so it's not a problem.
  • blackcars7411
    blackcars7411 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My problem was not with bread, but with white chocolate kit kat minis. Every weekend I would buy a bag & eat it & it derailed all my weight loss efforts becuz I couldn't stop eating at one serving size with was 9 minis. The only solution was to cut them out completely. Since doing that, my weight loss has resumed.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The jalapeño Hawaiian king rolls are freaking amaze balls
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    bread is not the enemy. eating too much (of anything or in general) is.

peanut butter cups though.THOSE are the enemy ;)

that said there are low cal options for sliced bread. sara lee makes one i think and so does natures own.

I had king size Reeses stuffed with peices, yum.