Canadian Team : Crazy Canucks !!!!

Options

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    :frown: This is me. Shivering in Ontario! I'm very new here at MFP but love it already b/c of all the tickers and everyone are postitive and very friendly. Joined just hours ago. A group just for Canucks! I'm in!

What do we have in common was asked in a post above?

1. Eh's ...yeah, we do say eh alot.
    2. Tim Horton's
    3. Tim Horton's
    4. Tim Horton's
    5. Family Day! Yeah! Or is that just Ontario? hmmmmm

I love Canada! Go Canada!

Challenges: I already drink lots of water everyday and this being in the challenge is a good reminder so is the exercise part. Tks for starting this group and challenges. Best to all.

Friday, Jan.30=172
    Friday, Feb.6 =
    Goal Weight=134

Weigh in Day=Friday

140829.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Welcome!!

I'm in Ontario too and just started last week(22nd)!! So i'm relativley new too
    You will love this board, it is so helpful and full of info and everone is great and will really keep you motivated!!

Gotta LOVE Tim's eh!!! LOL

Good Luck!!.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Hi Mom_to_5,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Much appreciated in this cold Ontario weather! You just joined 1 wk ago? I just joined hours ago and loving it already! Everyone so nice, genuine, caring and encouraging on this site.

Yeah, Tim's!! It's so funny. When my friends say, let's meet at a Tim's at the corner. I'll always say, which Tim's at which corner. It's like Lewis Black's routine about seeing a Starbucks across the street is another Starbucks..... too funny!! :noway:

Eh!
    Yeah, Family Day is coming up in Feb!!
    All the best to you too, eh!
  • ShrinkingMel
    Options
    Welcome Heal4444! I moved to Alberta from Ottawa, Ont.; originally from BC. I'm not missing those wicked ice storms out there but I do miss the Tim horton's on every corner!!! No worries, we shiver with you here in Northern Alberta with temps -40 without a windchill LOL. This is my excuse as to why I hold on to my weight, it's a necessity...
  • heal4444
    Options
    Tks ShrinkingMel for the welcome. -40c????? Oh my. And that's without windchill! It actually takes me longer to put on layers and layers, hats, gloves, scarfs, etc to go for a walk than it takes to walk!!!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hi Mom_to_5,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Much appreciated in this cold Ontario weather! You just joined 1 wk ago? I just joined hours ago and loving it already! Everyone so nice, genuine, caring and encouraging on this site.

Yeah, Tim's!! It's so funny. When my friends say, let's meet at a Tim's at the corner. I'll always say, which Tim's at which corner. It's like Lewis Black's routine about seeing a Starbucks across the street is another Starbucks..... too funny!! :noway:

Eh!
    Yeah, Family Day is coming up in Feb!!
    All the best to you too, eh!

Your Welcome!

I am so withyou on the cold, it is snowing here again and i'm so sick of it! What part of Ontario are you from? I'm in Niagara Region. We don't have a Tim's on everey corner as i'm in the country, but i know what youo mean from when i lived in the city with the Tim's on every corner!! Great now i want Tim's!! LOL

Well i did join back in the fall but never did anything, i have been tracking everything on here since the 22nd. And so far so good. ANd yes EVERYONE on here is Great, if you have a question someone will answer it and give you any advice they can!!

Well got to go!!

And Again Good Luck!!
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi WantToBeMoreActive,
    I've been doing well with my eating, I just wish my digestion 'issues' would go away. I get bloated and tend to be 'burpy'. I'm avoiding wheat and dairy but my gassiness and indigestion are much better but they haven't gone totally away (which is what I'd like to happen or at least figure out what's causing it.)

I just want to be able to concentrate on eating healthy and know what my triggers are. It's frustrating having to figure out what makes me this way.

I don't know if this will help you but it has SERIOUSLY worked for me.
    I've stopped mixing proteins with rice, pasta, potatoes, bread and other such carbs.

I'll eat fish with vegetables and salad or ... vegetable sticks with grilled chicken fingers ...

Only Protein & Veg
    OR
    Only Carbs & Veg

I'll eat baked potato (w/ butter & chives but no dairy) with vegetables and salad w/ dressing ... Pasta with vegetable tomato sauce & salad ... Sandwiches with vegetables & mayo but no cheese

I leave about 3 hours between meals to allow the first mixture to pass through before trying a different combo.
    I sold my stock in Anti-Acid medication after I learned this bit of advice !! :laugh:

On another note ~~ Timmy's is an icon for Canada !
    Go Canucks Go !!
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    We have Family day in Alberta too.

Well today I am doing great so far. I went to the gym this morning while DH and DD went to get groceries. I had an OK work out, my last couple of time going I havent been able to do a full 10 min on the treadmill at a time! it's sooo frustrating. Last wekk I was doing 20 and having trouble getting my heart rate up. Well I still do have that problem, but my lower legs just can't seem to handle any longer than 9 and a half min or so before I have to cool down. Anyone know how I can keep my shins from hurting while on the treadmill? Any suggestionw would be very helpfull. They get so tight and become painfull if I don't stop. I do plenty of strectching before I get on the treadmill. Is it my shoes? they are Nike's but I have had them for like 8 years or something crazy like that. Maybe I'm not getting enough foot support? I only managed to burn off like 125 cals :frown: Anyway I did an extra 5 reps per weight set today and pushed myself hard, inhopes I could try and make up a bit for the lack of cals burned during my Cardio.
  • heal4444
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Mom_to_5, : I'm from the Toronto/GTA area so southern Ontario I guess. They should change it and call it Timtario instead!! :noway: lol. Oh Tim Horton's!! I didn't know that there's no Tim's in the Niagara Region where you are.

Alberta also has a Family Day too. Good. It should be a national holiday. Would be nice. ( I'm so sorry you got shin splints, those hurt so much.):cry:

Thanks again for the warm welcome fellow Canucks. I'm glad to join you all, eh!! Tks again for the warm welcome. Still making my way around to learn everything here. Just love seeing all the tickers showing pounds lost here at MFP. Very encouraging. Wow! Awesome.
  • TammyWall
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everyone!! Hope you are all having a good evening!! Are we all pumped up for weigh in on Wednesday?! I am so tempted to step on the scale but will hold back..hope I am in for a surprise!! I was reading some other posts on the site and for those of you who have not seen it, need to go to you tube and check out the Zumba fitness video!! It is awesome! I thoughrly enjoy it and by the end of the 5 minutes i am totally exhausted, yet energetic..lol..go figure!! Have a great night everyone!!
  • KirstenJ
    KirstenJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yeeep yeeeep.. im pumped.
  • jazzycarolanne
    Options
    I am fairly new to mfp but I'm game....I am from southern ontario too.....Timmies Rules here......those darn ice capps. Start me up at 260 (gasp).......Go Canada!!!!!!!

Carol Anne
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone !!!!

Our team is growing and it is sooo awesome !!!

Keep up the great work everyone !!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • heal4444
    Options
    Hi Fellow Canucks!!

Enjoying a Sunday, here, eh!

TammyWall: I you tubed some Zumba fitness classes like you mentioned. Oh my, those steps are fun to follow! Tks. I can't imagine taking an hour of those classes. Yikes. :noway:
  • heal4444
    Options
    I just counted. There's 21 of us here! Wow! Jomickey, tks again for starting this Canadian Team.
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Thanks WannaBme for the suggestions :flowerforyou:
    I don't know if this will help you but it has SERIOUSLY worked for me.
    I've stopped mixing proteins with rice, pasta, potatoes, bread and other such carbs.

I'll eat fish with vegetables and salad or ... vegetable sticks with grilled chicken fingers ...

Only Protein & Veg
    OR
    Only Carbs & Veg

I try to food combine. I'm pretty good at doing it for breakfast and am so so for lunch and dinner. I had some pasta the other evening. I'm trying to stay away from wheat so this was gluten free but I noticed that I had a lot of gas the next morning.

I'm keeping a food diary and it helps me be able to look back and see what foods might have caused me problems. My digestion is overall much better than it has been but I still have a ways to go.

I started taking (again) acidophilous and I'm hoping that will help too.
  • TammyWall
    Options
    Hi Fellow Canucks!!

Enjoying a Sunday, here, eh!

TammyWall: I you tubed some Zumba fitness classes like you mentioned. Oh my, those steps are fun to follow! Tks. I can't imagine taking an hour of those classes. Yikes. :noway:
    Is it not the coolest!! An hour..lol..good grief i would be laid out in the computer room waiting for someone to call 911!!
    Just wanted to say I am struggling with the eating today...is that like a week thing sure hope so!! Hope you all have a great evening! I toast you all :drinker: YEAH for us!!
  • KirstenJ
    KirstenJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    whooo who... ive been back at work for a week since taking 3 weeks off. and i havent ate one ounce of kentucky friend chicken! watch out team.. here i come! :bigsmile:
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    WTG kirsten.. wed should be a great weigh in day for you :drinker:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Kirsten that is awesome! I had the worst craving for some Pepsi today, but I managed to push it off and I haven't poured myself any. I still want it but I don't feel like I am dying for it now. I can hear it calling my name though, So I am going to stop writing about it as it is making me want it more :ohwell:
  • TammyWall
    Options
    whooo who... ive been back at work for a week since taking 3 weeks off. and i havent ate one ounce of kentucky friend chicken! watch out team.. here i come! :bigsmile:

Wow!! I am impressed! I would have a hard time resisting my most fav part of KFC...the skin!! :ohwell:
    Keep up the good work Kirken...we are proud of you!! :heart: