How to deal with your father acting like you losing weight is a bad thing?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you're 26. He doesn't LET YOU drive on highways? I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding this dynamic. Are you living on your own, paying your own way?
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where he's from, but he might live in a country where the driving is atrocious. I am pretty sure my parent wouldn't want me driving anywhere In Egypt if I had the chance.

Nevertheless you are 26, so you should be able to have a meaningful discussion with your dad. He might have some valid concerns that yoy might not be aware of (are you losing too fast, obsessive about health To the point where it's interfering with other aspects of your life, etc). If it's nothing and he still makes comments, well, you have said your piece. Just focus on yourself.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Stop living with your parents.
  • Fatvaporizer
    Fatvaporizer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Update: He has started joining me on weight loss, but even so, he still sometimes tells me stuff like 'You shouldn't eat that little,' (when we're having food together...) so I feel like he wants me to eat as much as him so he doesn't feel guilty about his dieting? But yeah, just an update. :)