let's lose 10lbs in 7 weeks

Options
When I realized I was in seriously unhealthy shape last year, I took action, and had great success. In about half a year, I shed about 75 pounds and even dipped below my goal weight. Then, I had a nice meal to celebrate, and another, and another, and next thing I knew, I was gaining weight again.

https://trendweight.com/u/d4f6b66b058f46/chart/1y.png

I've figured out that because I am still exercising a lot, I have been averaging about 3,000 Cal of food per day, and that has kept me maintaining at about 170lbs. If I were to cut back on exercise (or get injured again), this would be about 800 or so calories above my maintenance goal, and I would be back to 225 within about 6 months or so.

That said, I'd really rather be down at about 160, and it isn't realistic for me to exercise more, so I know I need to get my appetite back under control. In the last 2 months or so, I have been having fits and starts and really struggling to find my motivation and resolve.

I know I can do it (heck, I *have* done it), I know I should do it - but why is it so hard to actually do it!?!?!

So I am writing in the forum to create accountability for myself, and to see if anyone wants to join in some group motivation. We are 7 weeks out from the 4th of July (which is a holiday I associated with going to the beach) - so let's use that as a landmark, and try and lose 10 pounds by then. That means running a 5,000 calorie deficit per week (about 715 cal per day). Assuming we set MFP to lose 1.5lb per week... we should be golden. We can all come back to this thread to whine/complain/brag/celebrate along the way.

Any takers?

(alternately, anyone want to provide some motivation/encouragement?)

Replies

• Mystical_Waya
    Mystical_Waya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet You! I feel the same as you, I use to be 160 but I just let myself go go go, I weight 195.....i cried so hard reading those numbers. I have a weakness when it comes to overeating or some day never eating enough. I have no motivation what so ever, but I will cheer you on hun as I get myself under control lol
  • mlogue2
    mlogue2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need all the motivation I can get lol. I'm down with setting the goals!
  • damdam96
    damdam96 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll join this! I had set myself the slightly unrealistic target of 14 pounds (a stone) by the 1st July but this sounds more attainable. Let's do this
  • jazzy19berry
    jazzy19berry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm down
  • Daenae18
    Daenae18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Currently 82.6kg (180 lb)
  • alb32010
    alb32010 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm in too!! About 4 years ago I was 165lbs and lost 30lbs in 6 months and was so happy but instead of maintaining my weight I gained it all back and then some, reaching 198lbs!! After having my daughter 16 months ago I've gradually lost weight and I'm now 162lbs and want to keep going! I've done it before and I can do it again!! Let's do this!!
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I'm 171 and a goal of 161 by July 4 sounds amazing!!!
  • Alphabuena
    Alphabuena Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What are your calorie goals to make this happen?
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm at 140 lbs right now. Would love to be at 130 by July 4th. I'm only 5ft tall, so that 10lbs will have a huge visual impact.
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been losing about .75 lbs a week with a 500 calorie deficit - but I am ready to kick it up a notch - 750 calorie deficit started this past week. Hopefully it will help a bit. I don't think I can manage a 1000 calorie deficit.
  • theresa_may
    theresa_may Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group!
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join :) Eapecially since my wedding is in July!
  • nimarcos
    nimarcos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I have gained the 10 lbs in the last 9 months. Need all the motivation I could get to lose it.
  • Millie587
    Millie587 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Trying to do a 500 cal deficit with diet and exercise. Low carb. Working so far.
  • annettemariasoto
    annettemariasoto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!! Today I bindged.....
  • annettemariasoto
    annettemariasoto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today water fast
  • Efie50
    Efie50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in - at 174#. I have struggled since I was a teen to keep my weight in the 160s - with 150s being more ideal. Let's keep posting.
  • newhighnewlow
    newhighnewlow Posts: 50 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ok crew - its been a week... how are folks doing?

Me - I woke up 1.5lb HIGHER than last week... so I put on sweatpants and a hoodie and got on my bike trainer... and 75 minutes later I was 1.8 pounds down... swung over 3 pounds in sweat equity!

cheating, I know... but it made me feel better!

Also... I was only high this morning because last night I went to see Old Crow Medicine Show do a concert of Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde... and I may have indulged... (it was great, see it if they are in your town!)