Found out why

Options
So I posted a few times how since I started exercising a month ago my weight loss has stopped.
I found out last week I was actually pregnant. Unfortunately yesterday I suffered a miscarriage...
Since yesterday I can't stop comfort eating. Dieting and healthy food has gone out the window and it's making me feel even more depressed about everything. I have so much going on right now including money trouble and falling out with a family member.
How can I stay on track during such a difficult time? I really don't want to put weight back on.
The gym isn't an option this week, I am far too weak, dizzy, tired etc.

Replies

• cheeky_girl_kat
    cheeky_girl_kat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss *hugs* Take this time to take care of your mental and emotional health. Your weight loss journey can be put on hold for the time being. I suggest trying to stay around maintenance but don't stress if you go over. You're going through a lot right now.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. I have been through a miscarriage and they're hard.
    Just try and be easy on yourself during this stressful time. If doing the bare minimum to get by is all you can do, then do that. Try to keep up your water intake and focus on getting enough sleep. Those two things make SUCH a huge difference.
    One thing I like to do when I'm feeling overwhelmed is journal about my situation. Something about writing it out gets it off my mind and gives me a little more peace. Take things one day at a time. Good luck to you!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. That is heartbreaking.
    I understand the comfort eating because I am a stress and comfort eater too. When my father in law passed away suddenly a couple of weeks ago I found myself going to one extreme or the other on foods. One thing that seems to be helping me is to pick one easy thing to work on---in my case it is my water intake. I'm drinking a lot of comforting hot teas when I'm feeling crummy. I'm in a weird position myself feeling like I don't have anyone to really talk this over with because I don't want to put any stress on my husband, so I'm going to call a good friend today and let some of it out. Is there someone you can talk to? Can you journal?

I'm sure I won't be the first to say this but forgive yourself if you're not perfectly on-point for a while. This is a major stressor on your body and mind. I think it is frequently hard for us to open up about miscarriages and fertility struggles. It is OK to grieve, for goodness sake! Allow your body to recuperate, too. *hugs*
  • kaydt8003
    kaydt8003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kendell
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Oh honey. That's a big loss to deal with - your reaction is completely understandable and okay. Give yourself some time to grief the loss. You don't need to be perfect right now. You need to take care of yourself. I am so sorry you have to go through all this at once. I can't even imagine.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Big (((HUGS))). Reach out to good friends and/or a therapist. Take care of your self. Get the help you need.