Keto Friends

Options
Starting this tomorrow and wonder if anyone else is doing it and wishes to support me with tips and advice .. add me and we can support each other

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • holliesmith9484
    holliesmith9484 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    kazz1976 wrote: »
    Starting this tomorrow and wonder if anyone else is doing it and wishes to support me with tips and advice .. add me and we can support each other

I am starting too. Today was my first day. Did good! Was a little hungry but it wasn't awful. Drank water to get rid of the hunger. Good luck to you!!!! :)
  • mmecraine
    mmecraine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 5 of vegetarian keto and I feel great.

The first few weeks were a shocking change for me, but all you read is true: the cravings go away, you feel more motivated, and I've lost 7 pounds so far.

Be sure to include coconut oil and greens/broccoli/cauliflower, etc for fiber!
  • mckc424
    mckc424 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on it going on 4 weeks. The first week was hard, but it gets easier.
  • Annie831
    Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been considering a KETO diet and think i may start next week. This week I am trying to cut my carbs way back so i am not just stoping all at once and i would love some keto friends to keep motivation up and if i have questions along the way please add me, or if there is a group on here I could join that would be great too
  • Cari3838
    Cari3838 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 and feel great! This definitely was the way to go for me.
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto since January OP. I've lost 46 pounds so far. Good luck!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing Keto since May 1 Im feeling great!!
  • kazz1976
    kazz1976 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys any tips x
  • Annieshorty18
    Annieshorty18 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON, I JUST STARTED THIS TODAY AND I NEED TO LOSE 30 POUNDS IN 12 WEEKS, I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. I SEE THAT ALL OF YOU ARE DOING GREAT CONGRATS TO ALL.

THANK YOU :)
    ANNIE
  • Annieshorty18
    Options
    ANY GOOD TIPS I CAN GET?
  • _atul
    _atul Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Using exogenous ketones can be helpful as well. I started with Coconut oil with 62% MCTs, now considering moving to 100% MCT with MCT oil.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Tips:

Check out this group that psulemon linked above. That's where you will find lots of keto veterans.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

• mafhoney
    mafhoney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Started my 4th week today, down 10lbs (water weight mostly), and feel awesome. I never went through keto flu, but I also take magnesium and potassium supplements every day, as well as a BCAA (two scoops a day if I'm working out, one on rest days). No cravings, which is odd for me, but also awesome. I do make sure to have snacks on hand at home and at work - hard boiled eggs, almonds, pickles, cheese, etc.

Make sure you're looking at all nutrition labels. There are a lot of things that have hidden carbs you wouldn't even begin to think about. I'm pretty good at keeping my net carbs under 20g a day, but I can easily get up to 30g without being kicked out of ketosis (most people can go up to 40g, but I haven't had a need for that). Feel free to add me :).
  • BeastofBodmin
    BeastofBodmin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    _atul wrote: »
    Using exogenous ketones can be helpful as well. I started with Coconut oil with 62% MCTs, now considering moving to 100% MCT with MCT oil.

Don't bother supplementing with exogenous ketones.They dont help you lose any more fat than you would on a keto diet.All you're doing is lining the pocket of the sellers.
    https://ketogains.com/2015/09/to-ketone-or-not-to-ketone/
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    _atul wrote: »

MCT/Coconut is not a exogenous ketone
  • Annieshorty18
    Options
    OKAY SOUNDS GREAT, TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY, I AM TRYING VERY HARD AND I KNOW IT WILL TAKE TIME AND EFFORTS.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    gaby0417 wrote: »
    GOOD AFTERNOON, I JUST STARTED THIS TODAY AND I NEED TO LOSE 30 POUNDS IN 12 WEEKS, I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. I SEE THAT ALL OF YOU ARE DOING GREAT CONGRATS TO ALL.

THANK YOU :)
    ANNIE

Depending on how lean you are, how much you exercise and how much glycogen/water you are storing, that might be an aggressive goal.

Also, as an FYI, typing in cap lock insinuates yelling.