Training Shoes

Options
tony2009
tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
Alright, the new school year is coming up which means I'm going to be getting some new shoes. I need some advice on getting a good pair of training shoes (good for lifting, group classes, etc..) because I'm tired of wearing the souls off of the bottom of my shoes. I currently have a pair of Reebok trainers, but the tread on them is running thin (flat in some spots). I want to get a pair exclusively for the gym, I already have a pair of Nike Free running shoes which I love.

I was thinking about getting a pair of Nike Free TR2 Trainers, because I like the way my runners feel and they greatly helped my running.

Open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advanced!

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I like more springy shoes when I'm in the gym. I typically wear Nike Shox. When I run, I'm wearing Newton Running shoes, because I'm aiming for a barefoot run, and I'm not quite ready to move down to FiveFingers.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Brooks. I used to be a Nike gal and then someone recommended Brooks and I tried them. I won't be wearing Nike's again any time soon.
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    I have a pair of Merrell Barefoot Pace Glove shoes and Love them; they are great for working out and running. They are so light weight you don’t even notice you have them on, but at the same time have great support. I would highly recommend these shoes. Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Heather
  • jeepwidow01
    jeepwidow01 Posts: 173
    Options
    I love my New Balance! Over a month or month and a half, I tried out 10 pairs of shoes if I remember correctly. New Balance was the best for my feet.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike Lunarglides 2 it's a running shoe, but I use it for classes at the gym, my own workouts, etc.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I went to a 'proper' sports/running shop earlier in the year and got my gait analysed and trainers fitted to be the right kind for how I walk run. I have to say, it is the best thing I could have done - even in the gym I notice a difference having the right shoes. The trainers weren't any more expensive than I would have paid and now I have a really really comfortable pair of Asics - having doscovered that Nike don't give me the right kind of support.

C
  • maiituu
    maiituu Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I recommend using this website to pick the right shoes for you, not all shoes are right for you. You don't want to keep using something that can't support your weight, otherwise your feet will pay dearly for it in the long run. http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/content/popup.jsp?contentId=200092
  • AnaBananaChan
    Options
    Try something that'll be, yes, stylish, but also good for running, water absorbent, arch support, and padding for the sole of your feet. Admittedly, I have a pair of Brooks, and they've lasted me now for five years with many more years to go. It'll be worth it to spend a little extra on a good pair of shoes. Bring a list with you of what you want and ask questions. The reps won't bite and they'll do more help than harm.

Oh, please don't get white shoes, they're quite difficult to clean, especially in a clay-soil state.

Best of luck!