Confused and needing guidance

Options
A few years ago, I lost 50lbs doing Insanity, along with other programs like the 30 Day Shred. I kept the weight off for a while, but got pregnant and gained all of it back. In January, I had reached a high of 188.6lbs. I didn't even realize I had gotten to this weight, but was forced to deal with it after being diagnosed with MS and multiple trips to the doctor, all involving the scale. Since the 25th of January, I've lost down to 157.4lbs. Honestly, though, when I look in the mirror, it doesn't seem like that much of a change, even though I know I have to be smaller because I can wear my smaller jeans. I have a Fitbit Charge 2 , and I wear it every day to track how many calories I burn. I work out around 6 days a week, and on average burn around 2300 calories a day, but for weeks my scale has not budged. I log what I eat onto my Fitbit app, and stay within my calories. I am eating around 1200 calories a day. I am only 5'1, and burn around 300ish calories when I work out in the mornings. I take a daily shot of Copaxone, but I don't know if this really attributes to anything. How can I be burning that many daily calories and still be stuck at this weight? I do Insanity Max 30, mixed with Taebo and kickboxing for workouts.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how many weeks?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    How accurately are you logging your food?, the closer you get to your goal the smaller the margin of error for accuracy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?
  • WatchandWeight
    WatchandWeight Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    how many weeks?

Since April 19th, the scale hasn't moved.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    how many weeks?

Since April 19th, the scale hasn't moved.

you're probably eating too much then, lower your cals by 100
  • WatchandWeight
    WatchandWeight Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?

No, I don't. I use basic measuring (cups, tablespoon, etc) but I am sure it would be beneficial to use a scale. I want to lose around 20 more pounds but am getting frustrated. I work with a lady who never works out and has easily dropped 70lbs since December and I get so angry knowing I am working out so hard despite everything and still can't get past this hump.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing loss! I know it takes a while to actually accept we are thinner and that may be part of your issue. I have lost alot (100 pounds) and still feel fat at times. You still have some weight to lose I assume so be patient. Be sure and take measurements as you go along and you will have an accurate measurement of how much your body has changed. When you lose weight if you are anything like me it takes a while for certain places on your body to get smaller. I lose in my breasts and face first, lol. My stomach and hips are the last to change. But eventually they have no choice! You will be the same. Keep going you are on the right track.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?

No, I don't. I use basic measuring (cups, tablespoon, etc) but I am sure it would be beneficial to use a scale. I want to lose around 20 more pounds but am getting frustrated. I work with a lady who never works out and has easily dropped 70lbs since December and I get so angry knowing I am working out so hard despite everything and still can't get past this hump.

comparison is the thief of joy

buy some scales.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Buy a digital scale. Weigh all your food in grams. Get an idea of how many calories you are really eating. Adjust from there.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    You can get past it. Just change up one or two small things in your plan. It could be your calorie target +/-, it could be one of your workouts or even the time of day or evening you eat. The body is super smart at adapting to routines and it's beneficial to change things up about every 30 days or so to keep the body guessing. This is why people carb cycle... I am in competition prep right now and am at a big deficit but every Friday I double my calories and carb percentages. This way my body says "Ah, okay, we're not going to starve, everything is OK" lol! My metabolism is reset and off I go! For me the trick is to eat just enough so that my body doesn't think it's starving but not enough to gain fat. I don't track my calories I track my macro's.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?

buy some scales.

Agreed! Cups aren't accurate, you're likely eating more than you think.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for 3.5 months after Christmas. I finally got going again by eating at maintenance for a week then going back to lower calories. I know it makes no sense but that worked for me. Definately buy a scale and weigh your food but if you have to, take a diet break and then get right back at it. Don't allow yourself to give up. Your body has to let go of the fat eventually.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?

buy some scales.

Agreed! Cups aren't accurate, you're likely eating more than you think.

Watch this video, OP. It shows why a food scale is a better tool than measuring cups.

https://youtu.be/XpHykP6e_Uk